what did you and your mk3 leon do today

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Thanks for fixing mate - read and reread the instructions and couldn't see where I'd gone wrong. Computer dimwit I guess! Thanks too for the feedback on the wraps - the good thing about wrapping is it's so easy to remove when you tire of the look or fancy a change (and saves me getting into bother with my wife when I practice on my car rather than hers :D)

that wrapped console looks really good - clever!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Took it for it's first service at Fife SEAT and as well as the free 1L of oil, got a little ding in the passenger door about one third up on the hinges side. Spoke to Gary the service guy who had checked over the car before I gave it to them and he agreed he had not seen it before the service. He asked the guys who serviced/ cleaned/washed my car and no one admitted it. Gary was great but and I am taking it back tomorrow for them to fix (dent repairer is arranged) My suspicion is it happened during the cleaning stage, knew I should have left that bit out.

pagey198

Jun 15, 2013
Attempted to wash the car today...managed to get the inside clean and outside a quick once over before the heavens opened..ended up nipping out between showers to finish her off, god knows how she will look tomorrow :cry:

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Took it for it's first service at Fife SEAT and as well as the free 1L of oil, got a little ding in the passenger door about one third up on the hinges side. Spoke to Gary the service guy who had checked over the car before I gave it to them and he agreed he had not seen it before the service. He asked the guys who serviced/ cleaned/washed my car and no one admitted it. Gary was great but and I am taking it back tomorrow for them to fix (dent repairer is arranged) My suspicion is it happened during the cleaning stage, knew I should have left that bit out.

Well done on getting the walk around at drop off, this saved your arguing later.

Rookie mistake on letting them clean your vehicle.

The ding would probably be from sitting in the car park before or after the service as a result of another careless customer. I generally wait for mine and drive it away as soon as it has been completed. It bugs me that the parking spaces are so narrow around new cars and it is just asking for less able customers to let a door bang into your pride and joy. I had an uncle that always let his car door touch the body of the car next to him so he had maximum room to get out.....I hated him for this[:@]

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Having seen the average washbucket monkey that most stealers employ - I also leave out the cleaning stage too.

Same here, have done with the last three Leon's. Also do the walk round, lesson learned after a previous company car came back with a large dent in the wing...... [:@]
Seastormer - I hope it's sorted ok, we've had a couple of car park dings in previous cars and it really hacks me off.......

Last edited:

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Cleaned the army if dead flies off the front bumper. The cars white again instead of speckled black

Sent from my LG G Flex2

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Well done on getting the walk around at drop off, this saved your arguing later.

Rookie mistake on letting them clean your vehicle.

The ding would probably be from sitting in the car park before or after the service as a result of another careless customer. I generally wait for mine and drive it away as soon as it has been completed. It bugs me that the parking spaces are so narrow around new cars and it is just asking for less able customers to let a door bang into your pride and joy. I had an uncle that always let his car door touch the body of the car next to him so he had maximum room to get out.....I hated him for this[:@]

Did wait for the car and got it as soon as ready and the dent was not inline with where a door on another car would open onto, had it back at Fife SEAT today and Dent Devils fixed it in about 35 mins and you wouldn't know it was ever damaged. Won't be getting it washed/hoovered next time. First photo shows the dent near the hinges side about 10" up from bottom, other two after fix.

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I requested my car not to be washed when it was in for it's service last week and I saw the guy write it down on the works sheet. The 'technician' still put it through the wash :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 98136

Cleaned the army if dead flies off the front bumper. The cars white again instead of speckled black

Sent from my LG G Flex2

I seem to be troubled by the squashed flies on my white Leon also, Noted that the process of washing the car doesn't seem to completly remove all evidence of the flies, found using a dedicated insect removal spray works wonders, best after washing car.

Hooblue

Apr 9, 2015
This is the only thing I dislike about my white Leon. Within an hour of washing it, just a quick drive to the shops makes it look like a speckled mess again. I've also got a Honda CRV which is dark grey, and although I can tell it's dirty, the colour does tend to hide a multitude of sins!

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I seem to be troubled by the squashed flies on my white Leon also, Noted that the process of washing the car doesn't seem to completly remove all evidence of the flies, found using a dedicated insect removal spray works wonders, best after washing car.

I dont have many problems getting flies off the front of the car, They have definately changed the formula for LifeShine, as the coating on the Cupra seems much better than I've had on my cars before.

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
I dont have many problems getting flies off the front of the car, They have definately changed the formula for LifeShine, as the coating on the Cupra seems much better than I've had on my cars before.

I'd agree with that Paul - flies seem to come off with just washing with the supplied Lifeshine shampoo. Best thing I've used to get stubborn bugs off in the past were plain old baby wipes (aka wet wipes) - beat any bug remover products I've tried including the Autoglym one that came with my kit. And MUCH cheaper too!

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
my Lifeshine kit IS Autoglym.....

Ah...the Lifeshine kits I have will be the ones that came with my Audis then (can you tell what a detailing whizz I am :headhurt: ?).
Been out and checked the Cupra - it's Diamondbrite that is on it. Came with a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of replenisher (or something) and so far it seems superior to the Lifeshine treatments I've had in the past at releasing bug bums. My last car was a company car and I didn't have any paint treatment done - that was when I REALLY noticed the difference they make, whatever the brand.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members