what did you and your mk3 leon do today

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Ouch! The downside of car ownership - the point where you come to trade it in and realise what depreciation means. Have you tried Carwow - I've had some cracking success through them and many dealers would take my car as trade-in. Got to be worth a punt?

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Wanted to trade in my 13 plate FR with extras and change out for a 280 Cupra. They offered me 10k for my car with all the extras meaning the Cupra was £509 per month and no way is it worth it! :wtf:

WTF? I got nearly twice that albeit for a 10mth ST FR 184. That said, there was over a grand difference in the part-ex between the best and worst part-ex offers.

You should be able to get 9% discount without going broker. 12% was available on Carwow but their part-ex was not as good.

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
Ouch! The downside of car ownership - the point where you come to trade it in and realise what depreciation means. Have you tried Carwow - I've had some cracking success through them and many dealers would take my car as trade-in. Got to be worth a punt?

I will have a look tomorrow. Yeah I did not think for a 17 month old car would only be worth 10k with all the extras on it. Only done 21000 miles almost so it's rather surprising. I have been on drivethedeal but not sure what that will come out with. £509 for a Cupra a month. Don't think the dealer quite knew what to say. Thought I would have had more being as I returned to same dealer. I was tempted to ask them to pay off the finance but......:censored:[B)]

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I cleaned the FR today and the Vxr and the cooper s lol
7b3113dbb47c179138b01df5420a4c5d.jpg
95b501bd2fe392f2a2a3773fc7465a0b.jpg
Also whilst cleaning the Leon I noticed many scratches and paint chips ahh! And this!:
5fa9b5a827098214a83f94ba0f18f1ac.jpg
it's my 3rd brake light by the way.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Ah the famous cracked additional brake light. Defo warranty job. Common problem see other threads here. Dealer may try to tell you it was your fault for trying to remove it to try to change a blown bulb. Mine did. Shows how much they know about the cars they sell. SEAT UK CS will authorise a replacement. With the correct tool inserted to release the clips from the outside it'a a 10 min job. Mechanic at my place removed all interior trim and still had to destroy the light to extract it and scratched rear window element as well.

When driving near the garage now, the car shies away and shrieks with painful flashbacks. I on the other hand now take it somewhere else.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Two new rear tyres fitted, including 4 wheel alignment. Goodyear EfficientGrip are so much quieter than the Conti SC 5's.

A good clean and a bit of paint correction on the bonnet. Used a DA polisher for the first time with a white hexlogic pad and Sonax Perfect Finish. Topped off with Chemical Guys Mirror Wet Finish and Collinite 845. No pics as it was a rush to get everything packed up in a sudden downpour.

Now just need to wait for the showers to pass before doing a full detail on the missus' new car which was delivered looking like it had been washed with sandpaper. Might need to delay this until next w'end though, looking at the forecast...

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
I cleaned the FR today and the Vxr and the cooper s lol
7b3113dbb47c179138b01df5420a4c5d.jpg
95b501bd2fe392f2a2a3773fc7465a0b.jpg
Also whilst cleaning the Leon I noticed many scratches and paint chips ahh! And this!:
5fa9b5a827098214a83f94ba0f18f1ac.jpg
it's my 3rd brake light by the way.

Love the look of your FR. I went to TRC in person to let them check the splitter fits the ST too, I'll be ordering one soon. How do you find the clearance with speed bumps and similar?

Did you need to remove the grille surround to wrap it or was it done in situ?

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Love the look of your FR. I went to TRC in person to let them check the splitter fits the ST too, I'll be ordering one soon. How do you find the clearance with speed bumps and similar?

Did you need to remove the grille surround to wrap it or was it done in situ?

Thanks mate. You went to TRC? Where are you based then? I haven't had any problems with speed bumps yet. I'm dreading the day I hear a scrape noise.

And I think it was done in situ, it was done by professionals so I'm not sure exactly how it was done.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Thanks mate. You went to TRC? Where are you based then? I haven't had any problems with speed bumps yet. I'm dreading the day I hear a scrape noise.

And I think it was done in situ, it was done by professionals so I'm not sure exactly how it was done.

I pass by the Kimbolton exit on the way to/from work, daily. I replied to a thread on here wherein TRC were looking for someone with a FR/ST so that they can check the Cupra splitter they did for Andrew JB also fits the FR/ST front end too.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I pass by the Kimbolton exit on the way to/from work, daily. I replied to a thread on here wherein TRC were looking for someone with a FR/ST so that they can check the Cupra splitter they did for Andrew JB also fits the FR/ST front end too.

Ahh right. I'd imagine it would fit the ST anyway because it's the same bumper. I'm based in Milton Keynes

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Replaced two Bridgestone's with some nice Goodyears :D
Anyone know what the "treadwear" figure on the sidewall refers to?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Interesting re Treadwear, especially that the Bridgestones are only rated at 140.

What are your new Goodyears rated at?

300 on Goodyear's. So , in theory, should last a tad longer than the Bridgestones......
Any one fitted replacement Bridgestones , what's the treadwear rating on them? Just a thought.......

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
300 on Goodyear's. So , in theory, should last a tad longer than the Bridgestones......
Any one fitted replacement Bridgestones , what's the treadwear rating on them? Just a thought.......

Out of interest Kaz, what mileage did you get out of the Bridgestones? I've got them on mine and at 6k I'm not expecting huge miles out of the fronts at least.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Out of interest Kaz, what mileage did you get out of the Bridgestones? I've got them on mine and at 6k I'm not expecting huge miles out of the fronts at least.

Just coming up to 10k, tread was roughly 2mm on Bridgestones. Utter crap. Am expecting 14k out of Goodyear's. The Bridgestones have worn quicker than the Pirelli's on previous R, mind you they (Pirelli's) seemed to be vulnerable to sidewall/pothole damage, had to change two at 7k due to bulges (still plenty of tread left) and another two due to pothole damage. Iirc the Good years I fitted on there did 10k and when car was sold still had 4-5 mm on the fronts.