Interior Sprucing

Hydrovert

Gunslinger
Feb 11, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi all!

I'm toying with getting the interior kit from Seat that includes chrome-effect rings around the speakers and chrome strips along the side of the front driver and passenger side trims. I'm just wondering if anyone already has them fitted and can provide pictures of them. I'm just looking to spruce up the interior in subtle tones is all. Cheers in advance!

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
If I was you id stay clear of chrome. In my opinion it looks tacky and cheap. However spraying the trim in a gloss colour looks far better.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
As above AVOID CHROME and silver trim if that's what that link is, speaker cover easily pop off.mask off the grill bit and paint the outer ring gloss black or similar

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
If your an amateur at spray painting though I'd suggest taking it to a professional. I've cocked mine up too many times worth counting before I took it to a pro

Earn it, Spend it

Deleted member 94519

Looks OK to me - your problem is you mentioned chrome! That looks like more of a satin-effect aluminium :) I like it.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
The mk2 interior is the reason i held onto my mk4 ibiza for so long. Really dont like it, this is the worst dash ive ever seen

Sent from my LG G Flex2

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
I sprayed my interior plastics matt black including the air vent circles and steering wheel insert. Looks 100 times better than the awful blue/silver standard colour.

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
I sprayed my interior plastics matt black including the air vent circles and steering wheel insert. Looks 100 times better than the awful blue/silver standard colour.
How did you get the air vent circles off?

Earn it, Spend it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.