Decat exhaust - cupra

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Hi everyone.

I have got a stage one remap on my seat Leon cupra at the minute and I am getting stage two done soon,
I have got a milltek resonated system and I am getting the middle silencer taken out, and then I am going to fit my decat down pipe, will this allow bangs and pops? Will it be loud , I am considering removing the back box aswell. Thanks

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
If you're still using the original downpipe the system will get louder once you fit the 3" downpipe.

With a single silencer it will be seriously loud, with no silencers it will be way over the top.

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I have the original down pipe and cat in at the minute and a milltek resonated system and it is serosuily quiet , I am getting the down pipe and decat fitted this weekend , will it really be over the top with all the silencers out ? Would it still Pop and bang with one silencer in? Thanks

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
It's quiet now because the standard downpipe removes a surprising amount of sound. I would recommend seeing what it's like once the decat is fitted before taking any silencers out.

AFAIK these engines don't pop or bang without being specifically mapped to do it. They do burble a lot though

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Yeh I want it to pop and bang, it should do when I get it staged two but I'm going to be using the car with exhaust and stage one for a couple of weeks and it would be nice for it to pop, don't know why these engines are like this ,

streetbeef

Aug 11, 2010
crawley west sussex
Yeh I want it to pop and bang, it should do when I get it staged two but I'm going to be using the car with exhaust and stage one for a couple of weeks and it would be nice for it to pop, don't know why these engines are like this ,

I get what you mean, but if you wanted pops and bangs, you could downgrade to an astra or corsa vxr, only problem with that is you end up with a Vauxhall! :p

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I've decided to go with a straight through milltek exhaust with decat and a down pipe with no silencers middle or back box and if it's too loud put a silencer back in. I've also ordered a ram air intake system and updated dv from amd, so just waiting for that to come and see what it's all like, then down to Essex for a remap from Newcastle! ��

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise