Who's driven the Nurburgring?

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
I'm going to Germany on Monday to drive the ring ,
Just wondered how heavy the track was on your brakes , did you kill your pads did you have to change them whilst out there etc ?

Thanks

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Yep, I've been, brakes were fine, I had std brembo discs and ds2500s at the front and oem at the back.

I think with the 'ring, if it's your first time you may actually be harder on the brakes then someone who's been there a few times as you may use the brakes more on blind crests for example where someone who's been there a few times wouldn't.

Edit. Just seen from your sig that you're not in an LCR so not sure how helpful the above is. What I would say is, make sure the cars in good condition overall no leaks, plenty of tread on tyres although doubt you'd take much out of your tyres. A lot of it is high speed stuff so you shouldn't be anywhere near the limit. Do make sure that you do have enough meat on your pads though. If you don't then yes, I'd change them before I go.

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Thanks for that , yea it's a Toledo , had 4 new toyo's fitted this morning
Pads have about 80% in them fairly new

I'll be taking it steady not out for a fast lap just want to experience it , only doing 4laps as its €100 poss few more , but only an evening session is on .

I'll let you know how I got on !

irf

Feb 5, 2014
please do.

that place is amazing, its the one place i know that exceeds any expectations you may have regardless of how much hype.

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
I'm going to Germany on Monday to drive the ring ,
Just wondered how heavy the track was on your brakes , did you kill your pads did you have to change them whilst out there etc ?

Thanks

I cant really comment as Ive never been.

But a guy from this forum Oisten (From Sweeden) cooked his oil Pretty bad I read.

If you do a search you might find his post . Search ppt 5935r, gulfstream is his id .

good thread to read also.

Its maybe worth throwing in some fresh oil before your laps .

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
So got there and back 950 miles 38mpg for whole journey including driving the ring ,
Brakes where fine no issues at all and hardly any wear ,
Was the best experience ever can't even describe it ,

I did crack 146 on the auto bahn on my satnav and then shortly after I got a puncture typical !

Strangest thing is I saw people there from a local car club I knew which 500 miles from home I was surprised

Last edited:

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
It's a fantastic place. Haven't been back since I sold my lcr. Went there twice with it. I had 2 piece ap discs and ferodo ds2500 pads and whilst I had no brake fade they were starting to rumble quite a bit although I was doing a few laps without stopping. I fitted an oil temp gauge and then subsequently an oil cooler as the oil temp was reaching over 140c when doing track days. Drove there early on a Saturday, 15 laps then straight back home....1800miles later ....and car never complained. Managed 80miles from a full tank on the track. Tempted to go back this year but got a boring diesel now!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise