Cupra 280 - sound improvement

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Won't make it sound throaty, but have you tried putting the back seat down when you go for a spirited drive?

Makes a world of difference in my mk2

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
thought so.... too rich for my blood :( if they were more reasonably priced (5-600quid) i might consider it. ho hum

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Won't be cheap to make a 2.0 sound really good. Milltek as said is an option but a good exhaust firm that knows what they are doing could come up with someting better made custom to your wishes (fittment and quality of Milltek is not as good as the price would suggest).

Got this from a friend (Golf gti 6 dsg with 3" milltek system) and though it was quite funny....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agUjrVGJqF4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
Probably when it is a Catback it won't.
With a bigger downpipe (Turbo back) it probably will.

Last edited:

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
It is quite simple.
A catback exhaust only replaces the exhaust behind the Catalytic converter,
It will only make the car louder and doesn't interfere with the primary exhaust flow through the catalytic converter and all the sensors around it.
When you change the exhaust for one with a bigger downpipe (which nearly always include a 200 cells race metallic sports catalytic converter) the flow of the exhaust gas is directly influenced.
This means when you f.i. have a turbo problem Seat UK can blame it to the bigger downpipe and 4sure will.
Only help is your dealer who could keep you out of the wind not telling Seat UK.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise