what have you done to your car today ?

the parrot

Feb 19, 2014
Ireland
finally got around to fiiting my koni strt front shocks, with duraflex wishbones bushes, new drop links and top mounts car fells like new compared to how it has been felling.
always nice to make something feel so much better.

the parrot

Feb 19, 2014
Ireland
so far so good makes me realise how far gone the originals where. i knew they were bad but oh my.
the top mounts were compressed by nearly 10mm. looked terrible.
now i need new rear shocks so will be doing the same again.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Well in the morning I'll be changing my gearbox oil, and having a look for other things to do lol

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Fitted new wheels!

0296c5a6213dcc8ada4ff087fe822429.jpg

Stage 2 mk1 LCR 291bhp AmD tuned.

Yorkshireboxer

Jul 6, 2015
Had it recovered on the m62 after it overheated and broke down 2 big parallel cracks I the cylinder head so off the road with that and on the road with a pd100 golf until the Leon is rebuilt again wish me luck and if anyone can point me in the direction of a decent second hand cylinder head for a 1.9tdi asv would be much appreciated
bf0035412fc4997b23d4dc9242ea9255.jpg

Seat Leon 1.9tdi 110bhp ASV, BMC CDA,Egr delete, decat,

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Booked my car in for some "minor" work doing... timing belt, waterpump, thermostat, rocker cover gasket, mot, full service and finally figuring out where I have a leak in my manifold whether it's just a gasket or the manifold is broken and then replacing it... to be honest I can't see it being less than £1000... good times =D

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Well today I have just gave her I nice wash wax and polish all looking good, only took 4 hours, I don't get how it takes that long tho when she's always clean anyways lol

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Booked my car in for some "minor" work doing... timing belt, waterpump, thermostat, rocker cover gasket, mot, full service and finally figuring out where I have a leak in my manifold whether it's just a gasket or the manifold is broken and then replacing it... to be honest I can't see it being less than £1000... good times =D

Mate why not do it all ur self? Everything u have mentioned is easy enough to do.

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Mate why not do it all ur self? Everything u have mentioned is easy enough to do.

Honestly I would love to but as it's my daily vehicle I can't have it off the road for any length of time mate so it's all getting done while I'm over in ibiza =D but im not sure on the manifold as I can't see it being cracked so might get away with just a couple of gaskets...

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
... wish me luck and if anyone can point me in the direction of a decent second hand cylinder head for a 1.9tdi asv would be much appreciated

I got one off ebay, fully remanufactured for £120, I made the seller a silly offer and they took it. It came to me clean and looking true.

Have just looked and there are a couple on there now, this one is from a long time seller for £127, search item number 171779251527.

That one is just taken off and not reconned so I would do my own checks including taking to a local engineering firm who can do pressure checks. With encouragement from here I'm halfway through fitting mine and it's so far not that scary apart from setting the timing right.

If all set up to go it could be a weekend job and all cost less than £400.

Last edited: