Service Cost Woes

Hydrovert

Gunslinger
Feb 11, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi all!

My 2011 Mk2 Leon FR has just ticked over 40k mileage and it's been a year (and 10,000 miles) since her last service. I've just been to an independent garage for a service quote and they've just quoted me £100 all in. Is it just me or does this seem ridiculously cheap? I heard them talking about ordering the parts in and I heard them mention cabin (pollen), air, oil, and fuel filters. Does this seem about right? What would you normally expect to pay for a service if you were in my position?
Many thanks in advance guys. :)

Dorny

Feb 23, 2015
£100 looks like a minor/annual service, which would be oil and filter change, check around the car and check levels and pressures.

But £100 for a service with all the filters seems a bit too cheap. Around here that would be around 150 + VAT

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
The difference between a major and minor service with Seat is £110 and for what they actually do extra really isnt worth it.

The diff in service On the Major is they change air filter and fuel filter, check suspension, adjust drive belts, inspect brakes, change spark plugs (on a petrol), check heating/airc conditioning.

Awesome, my air filter is custom, so wont need a change. fuel filter costs £12 so ill do that myself, ive lowered mine so know the suspention is ok, just had cambelt done so doesnt need checking, just had mot so know the brakes are fine, im diesle so no need for spark plug change, and im confidenet enough to know if my car is pumping out nice air con air.

so why am i paying say £90 more for fook all?

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
The difference between a major and minor service with Seat is £110 and for what they actually do extra really isnt worth it.

The diff in service On the Major is they change air filter and fuel filter, check suspension, adjust drive belts, inspect brakes, change spark plugs (on a petrol), check heating/airc conditioning.

Mine's booked in tomorrow for major service at 79,000 (last one was 69,000). They said £259.99 inc vat so that stacks up. I'll make damn sure the one after my next 10,000 isn't quoted as a major one! (unless it's meant to be major every 10,000 after a certain mileage?!)

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Mine's booked in tomorrow for major service at 79,000 (last one was 69,000). They said £259.99 inc vat so that stacks up. I'll make damn sure the one after my next 10,000 isn't quoted as a major one! (unless it's meant to be major every 10,000 after a certain mileage?!)

4 Services for Fixed schedule cars

Year 1 £179 first service

Year 2 £229 second service - AC service Due £59

Year 3 £149 minor service - BFC Due £49

Year 4 £259 major service - AC service due with refresh £88

Year 5 149 major service - Cambelt Due BFC Due

Year 6 £259 major service

ETC

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
As for the £100 for a major service is way to cheap the using non genuine bits of reasonable quality works out at about £65 with the labour for a major service and a brake fluid change You'll find they'll of cut many corners to save time. silly things like bleeding the brakes by sucking the Brake fluid out the master cylinder Fuel filter goes into the tool box rather than the car.

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
4 Services for Fixed schedule cars

Year 1 £179 first service

Year 2 £229 second service - AC service Due £59

Year 3 £149 minor service - BFC Due £49

Year 4 £259 major service - AC service due with refresh £88

Year 5 149 major service - Cambelt Due BFC Due

Year 6 £259 major service

ETC

Mines.a 12 plate which would mean a £149 minor service but it's on 79,000 so I assume thats why it's having the major one?

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Mines.a 12 plate which would mean a £149 minor service but it's on 79,000 so I assume thats why it's having the major one?

Yeah, the years are if you do not reach to millage

so First Year or 10K
2nd or 20K

ect so yours would class as 80K Which would be 8th service and Major

kevlaa

Altea Stylance / Arona FR Evo
Oct 12, 2010
s.wales
Always pay seat for a minor service and change the fuel and air filter myself. Worth it for free break down cover in my eyes :)

kyle_xo

Jul 2, 2015
I just got my leon ppd170,
has a full dealer service history,
62k miles.
The fuel filter was completely clogged up, and the housing was fillted with black water.
Oil was in desperate need of a change,
Air filter was pitted.
The fuel filter was the worst thing though,
Rear brakes where cabbaged,

I don't trust dealers at all, and their rip off prices,
The oil on these cars is very easy to change, my oil filter is under the bonnet... I've never seen that before!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.