Annoying indicator relay

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Hi guys

I have an annoying problem which usually I would turn the radio up on but its uninstalled atm :lol:

The indicator relay (hazard switch) ticks randomly on its own, indicators don't go off while it does this. I have replaced the hazard switch and dash has been out to check the wiring. It's so intermittent it's hard to find why it does it other than my car is half French after a Spanish señorita had a fling with pascal on a trip to france.

Thanks in advance

imikk3

Aug 8, 2011
Mitcham, Surrey
I had the same problem on my Toledo. Cheaper to start with to buy an air spray and blow the indicator stalk under the rubber bit or use a contact cleaner. Did the trick to me and had no issues since

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I had the same problem on my Toledo. Cheaper to start with to buy an air spray and blow the indicator stalk under the rubber bit or use a contact cleaner. Did the trick to me and had no issues since

done! thanks will let you know

steering wheel is coming off next week for replacement so if it isn't fixed ill swap it out

cuprarsam

Jun 18, 2011
This happened to me too and it was really annoying. I ended up getting some electrical contact cleaner spray from halfords, after a recommendation on here, and it hasnt flickered for over two years now. Spray it at the base of the stalk and then work the indicator stalk in all directions thoroughly then give it a bit more spray for good luck and fingers crossed it works. If not then oh well you only spent a few quid.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members