Wheel Spacers

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Get them mate let me know how you get on, take some before and after pics and then I'll buy some

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
All fitted :D quite happy with it to be honest. Well worth 50 quid!

Before
1fJtlbQ.jpg

During
q85kD4H.jpg

After
fGZUwUQ.jpg
HPXqi6p.jpg
Qgxw1l3.jpg

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah, nice one Lee. Just gives it that bit of wider track. Looks good. Will get some myself. All the nuts are cinluded arent they just torque it to the hub then wheel to spacer?

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah, nice one Lee. Just gives it that bit of wider track. Looks good. Will get some myself. All the nuts are cinluded arent they just torque it to the hub then wheel to spacer?

Yep, its that easy. Just make sure the hub surface is clean so the spacer sits flush and get some copper grease on the nuts that come in the box and go for it!

In all seriousness, 25mm might look a bit better but im running the standard 16" alloys at yhe moment and it looks fine on the 20mm :)

Last edited:

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Does it make any difference to stability or anything being 20mm at back and standard on front?

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
I've no adverse effects, no rumbling, no rubbing or stability issues. I think I read somewhere that it *could* improve grip, eliminate over-steer and marginally reduce body roll.

If any of those things are true it's just a bonus, I think the aesthetic look just makes the stance of the car very pretty :) and for £50 you can't go wrong.

I'm already looking at either 10mm or 15mm for the front but need extended bolts, so looking for some extended locking wheel nuts as well.

Spacers - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswage...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item486689c26c
Locking Nuts - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-ALL-5-...480?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43b3dee670

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
So for rear spacers youbdont need extending nuts right bit obviously you do for the front, I've heard spacers on the front cam cause quick excessive wear on the bearing's? Do this stand out alot in person as they're not alloy coloured like the discs

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Correct anything over 20mm I believe bolts straight to the hub, then the wheel to the spacer with original bolts. For anything upto 15mm you need extended bolts to go through the wheel, the spacer and into the hub.

As for the colour, I don't really notice but you could always spray them black before hand.

I'd say any extension of the original OE parts can cause excessive wear but it's a risk you take with any modifications. We'll see after a few 100 miles now when I check to make sure they are still torque'd up....need to wirebrush and paint my callipers anyway

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
I have 20mm spacers all round, they sit fine on the front, I'm running a slight stretch on the front tyres which keep them under the arch with no rubbing (215/17/40) I got these spacers including extended bolts http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-A4-...dius-Bolts-5x100-112-/301375271958?nav=SEARCH

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's the alternative cheaper version....didn't want to run 20mm extended wheel bolts, with the bolt ons you use your existing bolts

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
20mm bolts are obviously longer, so some think that equals not as safe.... they won't just all of a sudden snap but i'd personally use bolt on spacers on anything over 15mm really.

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
What's wrong with extended bolts on 20mm, too dodgy?

To be perfectly honest I don't know, there seem to mixed preferences about each different type.

The impression I got from reading forums was that up to 15mm it's okay to use extended bolts with a hub centric spacer but for anything 20mm and above it's recommended to use the variation that bolt to the hub then you bolt your wheel to the spacer with your original one's, so no need to worry about extended locking/normal bolts.

At the end of the day I'd think it's down to personal preference? Badger5 or Damien @ DPM could probably shed more expert light on it to be honest.

For me personally I'm opting for the bolt to hub so I can use my original wheel bolts, I'm running 20mm Delta Mics on the back and I've found a set of FK's (for the front) at a decent price too that i'll get eventually.

http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Wheel-Spac...tLoader&cnid=354d5d3cf1dd69924258555896a28242

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.