Ebay FMIC + TIP satge 2 are they worth fitting?

m0rphs

Jul 25, 2015
ebay item - 151454930047 (sorry cant post a link) & 161349481842

looking to buy this, but just wondering what experiences others have had with them.

if you know of a better one for a similar price i would be greatfull.

ebay are offering 10% off the purchase so looking to buy one today.

Also looking for a recommended Turbo intake pipe that wont break the bank!

any help appreciated

Thanks

Daz

Bunter6

Dec 29, 2010
Coatbridge
I had one of these kits on my Stage 2 LCR & it was ok but it would heat-soak quite badly & would cause limp mode on sustained high boost runs - something the my standard twintercooler setup never did. I wont be buying one for my upcoming LCR, looked nice but i dont think it actually offered anything over the stock setup.

As for your TIP tbh I think if you got the one you your looking at you'd always be wondering if you should have got a Badger5, SFS or Forge one (which you should)

Sometimes it pays to pay as it were :)

m0rphs

Jul 25, 2015
thanks..

is this one any better? seems recommended on a few posts

190414023869 its the toyo sport one.

i`m looking at fitting the decat/down pipe, and now the forge tip, am i wasting my time looking at front mounts?

i want the car at about 240-250 if possible.

another consideration is to buy this cooler Core Size 600mm x 300mm x 76mm but then i would need all the pipework.

cheers for the advice

daz

Last edited:

Bunter6

Dec 29, 2010
Coatbridge
TBH your not going to see 240+ on a K03s setup unless your very fortunate I think, pretty sure 220 is about as much as you can reliably expect, but with decent torque.

A decent TIP and a decat will certainly help spool times and help you realise 220bhp but I think your standard intercooler will be fine until you want to go for a bigger turbo. At that point you wont be wanting a generic kit from eBay you'll be wanting to make sure your efforts with a big turbo are rewarded & I think the accepted budget route if you dont want to go for a branded kit is the 'wellycooler' option (do a search to get a better explanation than I could type).

Get a service then a map, run it adjust to it - it will be a noticeable increase in oomph (a well mapped Cupra can outrun a std LCR). And then take it from there, don't rush into buying things you may not need for now.

Regarding the TIP, for the price difference get piece of mind and get a Badger5 one - nobody ever said their Badger5 one wasn't worth it & it probably makes more than twice the difference the half price eBay ones do, Forge ones seem good too but the Badger5 ones have the largest internal diameter i believe.

Cheers

Mark

Last edited:

m0rphs

Jul 25, 2015
do you have a link to the badger5 180 tip? ill go that way. i really appreciate it

daz

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members