Dash cam

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Thanks for the comment lads, do the G1w and the drivepro 200 have a recording loop?? If so I take it there is a button you would press if a situation as to happen!! Also I would just get an autos park to hardware it for me so cables would be an issue. Only problem I can see is where to mount it because of the area that isn't cleared by the wipers behind the rear view?? Suggestions?
As you can see in my footage the area behind the rear view is dirty and it's still fine. It's the best place to put it to prevent the camera causing any obstruction and it's more discreet. G1w has 5 min loop recording. Automatically saves in a crash. Also has motion sensor and records for 10 secs when motion detected. If you are going to get someone to fit one I would buy a decent one. G1w is a basic cheap alternative but just happens to have fantastic quality video

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
So got the dash cam fitted today, watching back video via the wifi function and I'm not overly impressed with the quality although I've been told if I watch it back by putting the card in the laptop it increases massively as there's no connection delay! Anyway here's a pic.....
b74ac55a8b0c3d960ea4f46c7828bc26.jpg

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I have a mini 0805 hardwired for the front, cheap and cheerful Chinese, has screen and gps. For the rear (to fit) Mobius. Mobius is a great bit of kit, but no screen or gps if that's what you want.

Joovuu have an X camera in testing it is their own version of a Mobius and sounds great, watch this space.

(Should say this is in my MK3 :) )

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.