TIP & DV problem?

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Hi guys,

Today I manged to fit my new silicone TIP (was a twat of a job) and think I've done something wrong as my 008 DV seems really quiet since fitting the TIP. Any suggestions guys....as it was alot louder with the standard TIP on!

Cheers Mike!

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Put it back in the right way ? And have your vac line attached ? are you running standard boost ?

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Put it back in the right way ? And have your vac line attached ? are you running standard boost ?

Almost certain I put it on correctly. Is there a way of checking it's not on properly apart from getting under the car? The vac line is attached and yes I'm on standard boost.....just odd that it's become quieter!

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
I would say it's simply because you've got the same amount of pressure venting into a larger volume , so it sounds a bit quieter

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
It's a very nice supporting mod ( the oversize TIP ).. But it all obviously depends on whether you're about gaining power. As bill will tell you, it's all about the flow.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Badger you crack me up lol, just to ask mate is that little Jack Trueman you have on ur profile? If it is mate I met him at my old work, Performance Portfolio.

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
they are, but clearly its of no matter to you.

:clap::clap:

Most people who say they notice a difference are LCR owners, mine is just a LC.

And you're right, I'm not interested in spending an extra £100 for a something that will only be of little benefit. Rather spend the money on a decat and downpipe!

Thanks for your input though.....much appreciated :clap:

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Most people who say they notice a difference are LCR owners, mine is just a LC.

And you're right, I'm not interested in spending an extra £100 for a something that will only be of little benefit. Rather spend the money on a decat and downpipe!

Thanks for your input though.....much appreciated :clap:

Same principle though...your removing how restrictive the CAT is, just like how the oversize tip removes (or eases) the restriction the OEM Style TIP has on airflow into the turbo. Both would compliment each other nicely and = better gains after being mapped in. :) All depends what your looking for I suppose. Custom 3" Downpipe and highcell CAT is next on my savings list and this easily comes in at about £200 fitted.

Last edited:

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Same principle though...your removing how restrictive the CAT is, just like how the oversize tip removes (or eases) the restriction the OEM Style TIP has on airflow into the turbo. Both would compliment each other nicely and = better gains after being mapped in. :) All depends what your looking for I suppose. Custom 3" Downpipe and highcell CAT is next on my savings list and this easily comes in at about £200 fitted. All depends what your looking for I suppose

I was looking at getting the car remapped but have decided against it as I'm happy with the power I already have. A decat / downpipe is next on the cards and will hopefully buy a catback system towards the end of the year. Purpose of this thread was to work out how to increase DV sound (sorted now) and to say I'm happy with the new TIP and look forward to the new exhaust system :D

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
I was looking at getting the car remapped but have decided against it as I'm happy with the power I already have. A decat / downpipe is next on the cards and will hopefully buy a catback system towards the end of the year. Purpose of this thread was to work out how to increase DV sound (sorted now) and to say I'm happy with the new TIP and look forward to the new exhaust system :D

Custom exhaust is going to cost me £320 :cry: then Intercooler at £200 :cry: then finally a remap at £300. It'd be fine if I wasn't buying a house lol