330 miles to a tank

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Filled the LCR on 23rd July and got 330 miles out of it. Well happy with that was a mixture of motorway and town driving and was booting it at times.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
How do Big Ben, I got 560 out my full tank when I went down to Manchester and back, think I got something like 43.7 mpg, couldn't believe it.

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
I do a lot of motorway driving and surprised how good on fuel the 1.8t is, I do know they had a good rep but never got to experience it till now :)

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Yeh was good mate flipping hot, for the whole two weeks it was 34/40 degrees, give u a laugh mate well wasn't really funny tho, you no how you drive on the other side of the road abroad well coming back if Manchester I drove 3 hours straight then started to feel tired about 80 miles from edinburgh so pulled over in a service station had a large coffee then when I went to leave the services I drove round the wrong way round the round about then down the slip way, my misses was like john what you doing a was like driving why, ur on the wrong side of the flipping road, lucky it was about 2am so no car were we were, just shows you what tiredness does to you and after a foreign holiday, still thought I was abroad lol, got home safe in the end lol, was also fighting two gypsy in Portugal, tried to rip me of ey €100 so I head butted on of them clean on there arse and started fighting wi the other one, obviously big john won lol, other than that mate it was a good holiday, glad to be back, get some cold air and a it rain to hot over there.

What u been doing?

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Filled the LCR on 23rd July and got 330 miles out of it. Well happy with that was a mixture of motorway and town driving and was booting it at times.

I never usually check my miles, but I know on a full tank trip computer says 300-340 depending on how Ive been driving .

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
330 is what everyone gets to a full tank, I got 560 out mine a few weeks ago, that was motorway driving tho.

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Hey guys, Hope you dont mind the question. I normally fill up my cupra R with unleaded like most people - can anyone tell me if "super unleaded" is anygood? If it can be used on the cupra. Knowledge is 0 as i have only ever used diesel or unleaded with previous cars.

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Hey guys, Hope you dont mind the question. I normally fill up my cupra R with unleaded like most people - can anyone tell me if "super unleaded" is anygood? If it can be used on the cupra. Knowledge is 0 as i have only ever used diesel or unleaded with previous cars.

Hi,

I only use super unleaded 95% (shell v power nitro+) ,sometimes BP ultimate or tesco momentum 99 if no shell garages near by.

I was advised only to use super unleaded as my car has been re mapped.

Super unleaded is a higher octane, it burns more efficently thus reducing cylinder temps .

Most cupra r owners I know have re mapped cars and use super unleaded.

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Thanks for that! .. Im due to fill up later, my car has also had a remap...is it safe to just put super unleaded (or the above) straight in?

Does it have any advantages when it comes to mpg and performance ??

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Thanks for that! .. Im due to fill up later, my car has also had a remap...is it safe to just put super unleaded (or the above) straight in?

Does it have any advantages when it comes to mpg and performance ??

No problem !

Slight power benifits, upto 5 bhp Ive heard.

Ive no idea on mpg as Ive only used super.

Yeah straight in .

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
Iirc vag specify only super unleaded is used in the 1.8t and can be run on normal but only for a short time to get you by then top up with super as soon as possible, in reality the ecu copes with normal stuff but alters the timing, basically regardless of remap or not you should be using super or 99 Ron all the time, you will gain mpg as you'll have a more complete burn, and you can stick it straight in the tank or mix both fuels together it doesn't matter, it'll take a full tank or two for the ecu too settle on the super unleaded though.

tipping44

Tipping44
Jul 30, 2014
telford
Okay cheers for the info, Ill be sticking to it from now on. Tbh i never thought about it before untill i was filling up last time and noticed super unleaded at the garage...clueless!. Thanks anyway guys.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.