1.4 TSI ACT Oil Consumption

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
What are your experiences with oil consumption of 1.4 TSI ACT ??
I changed oil after first 6.000km, todays driven 16.000km (so 10k after oil change) and car system highlight me an ! in triangle, that I should check oil level.
I checked it, but since Leon was a new car, I am not able to say if the level is ok or not.

Oil checker stick is completely oiled, but "measurement" is empty. I never seen oil on the measurement part of this stick....

So, does it consume oil or not?
Add oil or not??

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
If the oil light is on then I'd say it needs some oil. It almost sounds like you dont kow how to check the oi, bt im not sure if you do so forgive me for stating what most folk would know is obvious.....
Park the car on level ground and leave it 10 minutes without the engine running then check the oil. Remove dip stick and wipe it clean then push back in completely and take it out. If it's not showing on the crosshatchted bit you need oil,add 500ml and recheck. if it's lower than half way on the cross hatched bit then you might want to top it up with a bit, maybe start adding 100ml at a time and recheck, don't overfill above the max line.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Oil light is not yet on.
It was just an ! in triangle, next to tempomat indicator, and text on the panel - check oil level.

After shutting down the engine, checking the oil level and switching it on again no warning light shows again. Driven another 50km and still no warning light again.....

I know how to check the oil, I just find out that in this Seat is this measuring stick "tricky" as whole stick is oiled, but measurement part I never seen oiled, even in brand new car.....

TomH01

Dec 30, 2011
If it's asking you to check the oil level, then I would say that it needs oil.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Oil light is not yet on.
It was just an ! in triangle, next to tempomat indicator, and text on the panel - check oil level.

After shutting down the engine, checking the oil level and switching it on again no warning light shows again. Driven another 50km and still no warning light again.....

I know how to check the oil, I just find out that in this Seat is this measuring stick "tricky" as whole stick is oiled, but measurement part I never seen oiled, even in brand new car.....

How can the whole stick be oiled but none on the measuring bit as it is right at the bottom, are you sure you are reading it right.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I think it is due to the inserting of the stick inside the measurement hole, so the stick will gets oiled while it touches edges/walls of inner side of this hole which is oiled.
Measurement part of the stick is somehow not touching these inner walls and is not oiled....

I have never seen it before as well, I had VW before and no problem with this oil measurement...

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
I think it is due to the inserting of the stick inside the measurement hole, so the stick will gets oiled while it touches edges/walls of inner side of this hole which is oiled.
Measurement part of the stick is somehow not touching these inner walls and is not oiled....

I have never seen it before as well, I had VW before and no problem with this oil measurement...

I've had the same problem reading the level too, I don't think it's us :blink:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=418120&highlight=oil

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Guari, I am cleaning stick before measuring, of course I do, but after sticking it back, it is completely oiled again, almost everywhere except measuring part... This is dry...

Rob, I am happy I am not alone "stupid" here :eek: I have driven more than 300k km and had never such issue with oil measurement..

Now I am really confused if to add oil or not. Overload of oil means high pressure of oil and crack of the sealing under motor head. Underload of oil means danger of not oiling valves..... **** on both sides...

Warning light was ! in triangle, manual says it is "central warning with additional text on display", text on the display said to check oil level.
In manual I found there is another warning light for low level of oil, which looks like Aladins lamp :cool::p, this warning light was never on........

Last edited:

guari

Nov 17, 2014
Guari, I am cleaning stick before measuring, of course I do, but after sticking it back, it is completely oiled again, almost everywhere except measuring part... This is dry...

Sorry I never meant to sound patronising, it's just that some people don't know though.

Hope you sort it. If I were you I'd add a bit to top it up. If in doubt call your dealership, they could advise you.

Last edited:

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Today I spend more time with this oil issue.
First of all, I performed cold measurement, when car was parked 2 hours on flat terrain. This was more successful as hot measurement, no oiling of measurement stick and level indicator shows up oil position, it was really on the down edge.
I have added ca. 350ml of oil, level goes up to the middle of measuring part. Then drive 10 km to heat it up, wait 15 min and perform another oil measurement. Middle...

Now it looks solved.

This is my first car where oil measurement is such "procedure". In all my previous cars it was just to pull out stick, see the level and that's it. No cold/heat measurement, no waiting time after parking etc...

Thank you all!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise