rust lookalike spots

ibiza1.6tdi

Jul 29, 2015
glasgow
Hi i have a white seat ibiza 1.6, ( just before i start i do alot of driving) washed my car and on the passenger
side has hundreds of what looks like rust spots, the paintwork is quite rough now because of this, is there a solution to this as i have tried polishing them out but dosent seem to work although i can pick them off but dont want to continue doin this as it will scrath the paintwork

DonCarlos

El Salvador Pimp Daddy
Jul 31, 2015
On the Farm
I have pimples on my bonnet. countless hundreds of raised pin head pimples. I think they will polish out with a rotary buffer and some compound.

Pimples can be caused by moisture in the paint at the preparation stage or not allowing solvents to evaporate before a second coat, and they can take years to develope.

The pimples can eventually 'pop' allowing contaminants & the atmosphere to do the job of creating tiny corrosion craters.

Hope yours is not this and hope it is as 'lajonz; above has said and they can be removed.

Clay in my experience is for surface contaminants. So try that. I would then recommend some meguiars M85 mirror glaze diamond cut compound and a rotary wool pad.

The other cause may be that abrasive debris has somehow hit the side of the car causing tiny holes in the paint, which over time have corroded.

Whatever the cause and cure - best of luck.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.