1.6tdi FMIC experience

dunny

Jul 11, 2015
Derbyshire
I know this a Cupra orientated forum, but you dont ask you dont get so...

Ive searched all over, but havent found what i was after.

Is there anyone on here who has uprated the FMIC on a 1.6tdi? If so how difficult was it in terms of pipes and fitment etc?

Thanks in advance!

dunny

Jul 11, 2015
Derbyshire
See i did the original post on my phone and that is supposed to say 'upgraded' not uprated. Fail.

So has anyone upgraded the FMIC on the 1.6 for when i start to squeeze more power from her?

dunny

Jul 11, 2015
Derbyshire
Fair enough, im looking to hopefully push out around 200bhp eventually. Does anyone know what these coolers are rated up to bhp wise?

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
There is a 206 bhp yeti 1.6 TDI that has an s3 intercooler. Think it also has a GTC1549vz turbo and a milltek exhaust, but not sure about the mapper. There is a vid on YouTube somewhere where the guy talks though the mods and does a little road

Edit found the link https://youtu.be/xnTAWKyu9oY

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
The only difference with the s3 intercooler is it has alloy end tanks rather than plastic. The golf gti, leon cupra and skoda octavia all have the plastic end capped one also used in the diesel and they easily cope with 200bhp+ output in standard form.

dunny

Jul 11, 2015
Derbyshire
There is a 206 bhp yeti 1.6 TDI that has an s3 intercooler. Think it also has a GTC1549vz turbo and a milltek exhaust, but not sure about the mapper. There is a vid on YouTube somewhere where the guy talks though the mods and does a little road

Yeah Ive seen what he has done with that, I am going a similar route. Same turbo setup is planned with EGR delete and DPF delete. Just wasn't sure on the FMIC yet.

The only difference with the s3 intercooler is it has alloy end tanks rather than plastic. The golf gti, leon cupra and skoda octavia all have the plastic end capped one also used in the diesel and they easily cope with 200bhp+ output in standard form.

That's good news thanks for the help. :)

Last edited:

sotonsmut

Aug 10, 2013
On DPFs the MOT says if your car had a DPF fitted when new, and is not there at mot test time. Its an automatic fail.. Cause for concern I think.

dunny

Jul 11, 2015
Derbyshire
Would it not be easier to just get an FR?
Probably, but I have brought this now so this is it. I like to do things a little different anyway. :)

Yeah I've read that about the DPF recently another bloody thing to stop tuning.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.