Platinum FR - wolf in sheeps clothing

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Removed the EGR valve for a quick clean, removed the rocker cover to check the condition of camshaft lobes & lifters - thank the wee man above that they looked OK :D
Refitted rocker cover with new gasket (torqued to 10Nm). Refitted the EGR valve and pipework.
Dropped the old sump off and removed the oil pick-up pipe, replaced it with new pipe.
Drew around old sump on cardboard to see if there is a difference with the new sump then refitted the old sump with a couple of bolts.
Turns out that there are a couple of areas need fettling back so dressed back with Dremmel.
Need to get oil next ………

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
So today as the weather is good I fitted my new shallow sump
image_zpszxzydlvg.jpg

image_zpsjqghr7pn.jpg

All bolts torqued (15Nm for small & 45Nm for 3off big ones)
Topped up with 4.5L of Quantum Platinum 5W40, let it settle for 20mins then checked level:D
Tentatively stared her up............................no lights and sounded OK :D
Will give her a run later when the gasket sealant has cured a bit more
Let's just say I'm a happy man at the moment, so fingers crossed all will be well;)

mickyushleonfr

May 17, 2015
just read through your thread, very nice example mate looks mint! .. Ive got a FR myself and will be getting a full miltek system, was just wondering is it loud with it being non resonanted?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Took delivery of this:
image.jpg1_zps8oebbsod.jpg

£40 from ebay, nice:D

Today I had to wait for the rain to clear then half an hour later it was fitted and set-up
Tested all gears working :D
Went for a test drive and must admit it will take a bit of getting used to but it defo makes a difference with shorter gear changes and feels more solid / tighter.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
So the front brakes have been juddering for a couple of weeks so decided it was time to replace them.
Old set-up: EBC Ultimax + Ferrodo DS2500
New set-up: Brembo Max + Pagid
image.jpg1_zpstttl6okr.jpg

Just need to be gentle and bed them in :)

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Fitted:
image.jpg3_zpsvnxa55of.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsbiq5tiur.jpg

Gave her a good clean & polish inside followed by a clean/Tardis soak & clean/clay bar/dry then 2 coats of Meguires wax on the outside:
image.jpg6_zpspofm0gnq.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsiqwudrwz.jpg

Then the bl**dy rain came on :cry:, but at least I had this:
image.jpg7_zpsjaoownoo.jpg

Last edited:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Replaced a few 10mm bolts/washers with new cap screws & blue anodised washers, just to bring a wee bit of colour into the engine bay :D
From ebay, item number: 151506602895
image.jpg1_zpspkzjhoie.jpg

image_zpssae25l9n.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.