TIP & DV problem?

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Most people who say they notice a difference are LCR owners, mine is just a LC.

And you're right, I'm not interested in spending an extra £100 for a something that will only be of little benefit. Rather spend the money on a decat and downpipe!

Thanks for your input though.....much appreciated :clap:

It makes a lot of difference and will when mapped to how much power you can run due to the TIP restriction in flow.

You are arguing with easily one of the best 1.8T tuners in the country (ibizacupra) so think he knows what he is talking about

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Most people who say they notice a difference are LCR owners, mine is just a LC.

And you're right, I'm not interested in spending an extra £100 for a something that will only be of little benefit. Rather spend the money on a decat and downpipe!

Thanks for your input though.....much appreciated :clap:

thought you had an lcr, my bad
lc180 on supersize tip can have some gains but not the same level of gain as the k04 cars

:thumbup:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
No worries :) is there anyway I can make my DV sound louder or is it going to remain quiet?

I've just read ur other post and you have the 008 DV you said that it sounds perfect and not to loud, I have the 007 DV sounds really nice and quite loud, really nice ppssssttt to it lol

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
You may also want to add an K&N filter over your breather pipe if you haven't already done that mate
You will be sucking in crap in through that pipe

Last edited:

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
A waist of time lol how long would it take you to fit one of them like? 5 min for me, so really no time atol lol

I had a filter but the SAI pump rivets are known to eventually fail and it sounds like a hoover! Took 15 mins to strip it all out and blank it off on the block. Be surprised how much extra space there is without the combi valve and all it's hard pipes

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Yeh I just had a look mate seems a lot of work to remove the pump and all the pipes and stuff, I think I'll stick with what it's meant to be like, start fannyin about wi stuff like that and feck knows what will happen lol if it's not broken don't fix it lol

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
I've just read ur other post and you have the 008 DV you said that it sounds perfect and not to loud, I have the 007 DV sounds really nice and quite loud, really nice ppssssttt to it lol

It sounded perfectly before I fitted the new TIP, but now I can barely hear it.

You may also want to add an K&N filter over your breather pipe if you haven't already done that mate
You will be sucking in crap in through that pipe

lol I really need to update my progress thread as I have a breather over the pipe in the pic, as well as more mods lol

Noooooo.....remove the SAI :) Much cleaner! It's a waste of time anyway.

My car in the mornings sounds awful, would removing this help? Plus would I need resistors or could it be done just using a blanking plate on the block?

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
My car in the mornings sounds awful, would removing this help? Plus would I need resistors or could it be done just using a blanking plate on the block?

It would remove the 'hoover' sound completely :) You'll need a Blanking plate and 330 ohm resistor and a little bit of patience lol...the resistor is to fool the system it's still there but you'll still get a warning light because of an incorrect flow.

I used this guide as a reference http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4893472-DIY-Ultimate-SAI-N249-PCV-EVAP-Delete

I did a coolant change at the same time and you will possibly get an error light on the dash. Mines been on a while but it's because of the SAI removal (incorrect flow because there's no pump) and the Carbon Canister removal, i'll get them mapped out when I get it done :)

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
So once you have taken all of that off whats it meant to sort or make better?

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
So once you have taken all of that off whats it meant to sort or make better?

Removes another point of failure (when the rivets go it's technically a leak in the system and eventually sounds ridiculous). Costs around £100 to replace because it is poorly made and only really put in place for the American Market as an emissions control. Had my MOT last weekend and no issues with emissions.

I'm not saying you HAVE to remove it, I'm suggesting it as an option if you're already tinkering in the bay.

I did it because the SAI was howling and I wanted more room to manoeuvre my oversize TIP onto the heat shield.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Mines sound like a hover for about 3 secs after stat up then goes away, I'm having no problems, car gets well taking care of so can't see there being any problems

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.