Electric mirrors behaving strangely

Rob.K

May 15, 2014
Does anyone else sometimes have random behaviour from their electric mirrors? I have mine set to dip the near side mirror on reversing, but sometimes it just doesn't do it. Other times it dips but then doesn't go back to normal afterwards. This morning the drivers side mirror wouldn't unfold when I got in the car!

dr_robert

Apr 21, 2015
My mirrors dont seem to dip at all, although I have set to do so in the console settings....

Deepdiver72

Jul 29, 2015
Is your mirror adjuster pointing to the "L" mark ?

The dipping mirror only works if the adjuster is set to the "L" when you select reverse.
It says in the hand book to set it to R for the mirrors to dip. If you put it to L you can control both mirrors together. I can't get my Cupra 280 mirrors to dip what ever I do. Ticked the box on the setting screen? I thought it was a standard feature with the all round parking sensors. Plus it was to stop you kurbing those lovely 19 inch Alloys. PERPLEXED

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
It says in the hand book to set it to R for the mirrors to dip. If you put it to L you can control both mirrors together. I can't get my Cupra 280 mirrors to dip what ever I do. Ticked the box on the setting screen? I thought it was a standard feature with the all round parking sensors. Plus it was to stop you kurbing those lovely 19 inch Alloys. PERPLEXED

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

If you set it to R the right mirror will dip (LHD cars) if you set it to L the Left mirror will dip (RHD cars)

You need to set the mirror to dip, there is a procedure in the handbook that tells you how it's done. Basically you are setting the position you want the mirror to go to when reverse is selected. You have to do this to get it to work there is no preset position stored.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
If an older model for a few months prior to October 2013, then it was removed by the factory because the wrong hardware was put in the wing mirrors. I've never had it and I believe it can be activated by vcds but still won't work properly because of the hardware issue. No recourse or fix

Nov 28, 2006
Defo needs to be in 'L' for a RHD like Biker said. Also, it doesn't return to the normal position from dipped until you get to a set speed moving forwards. The same speed that triggers the auto-locks at about 10mph.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.