235/40/18 on LCR

P1_Bagz

Apr 5, 2013
Tyre's are wearing low on the LCR so I've been looking around at options to replace them with. I was thinking of going for a wider tyre - the 235. Will they fit under the arches ok without any issues?

The car is LCR with the standard 18" wheels on the car with 225/40/18 Michelin Sport at the moment. No suspension mods have been done, so is still sitting stock.

P1_Bagz

Apr 5, 2013
anyone actually running this tyre size? anyone running this size with spacer?

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
I'd of thought the increase in size is marginal, use the calculator and see the increase in diameter, look around the wheel and make sure you have that extra clearance including the extra 5mm each side for the bigger width, you'll probably find that the speedo will become more accurate with that profile tyre, I'd 99% say you'd be fine with that size the only draw back could be the spacers.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
It is within limits. Iirc on a 7.5j the narrowest recommended size is a 205 and the widest is a 235.

It's something I'm interested in as when on track recently I was struggling for mid corner and exit grip with 225/40 pilot super sports. Great all round tyre and perfect for the road but need something more on track.

Hence would be interested to know as well if they'd fit in the arches.

One thing I would say though is that if they do fit then get something with stiff sidewalls. Many years back on a 200sx with 7.5j rims I put on 235 Pirelli p7s on and while they gripped they were a little wobbly. Went up to 9.5j afterwards but that's another story!

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
On a different note, one thing I personally dislike is the stretched look ie forcing a tyre too narrow for a wide rim on. Looks shocking ! Can't do handling any favours either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P1_Bagz

Apr 5, 2013
ok, so from reading the replies it looks like they will fit in the wheel and under the arches without a problem. But, maybe I should just try a different tyre in the correct size first. Might try some Hankook K120 Ventus Evo 2 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 and see if they're an improvement on the Michelin's.

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Tyre's are wearing low on the LCR so I've been looking around at options to replace them with. I was thinking of going for a wider tyre - the 235. Will they fit under the arches ok without any issues?

The car is LCR with the standard 18" wheels on the car with 225/40/18 Michelin Sport at the moment. No suspension mods have been done, so is still sitting stock.

Yes they will fit .

I have 235 40 18 Uniroyal RS3s on OEM rims up front no clearence issues.

I also have 15mm spacers on rear with 225 40 18 Michelin PS3s wich I will upgrade to 235s when tyres are worn.

Last edited:

P1_Bagz

Apr 5, 2013
Yes they will fit .

I have 235 40 18 Uniroyal RS3s on OEM rims up front no clearence issues.

I also have 15mm spacers on rear with 225 40 18 Michelin PS3s wich I will upgrade to 235s when tyres are worn.

thank you! :thumbup:

am going for the 225's now but good to know for future reference

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members