HELP!! I have tried all i can so far! (updated with logs)

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
Got my boost gauge up and running today to and boosted to about 26psi earlier then trailed off to about 15ish...didnt think it would have been that high to be honest? Does that sound about right?

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
looking at the first log you have peak g/s of 175 which works out to be 218bhp also i take it that these logs are not just one run as the engine speed drops a couple of times, the run that you should log should be 3rd/4th gear from about 1600 rpm to redline at WOT

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
looking at the first log you have peak g/s of 175 which works out to be 218bhp also i take it that these logs are not just one run as the engine speed drops a couple of times, the run that you should log should be 3rd/4th gear from about 1600 rpm to redline at WOT

Yeah they are were takin over a few runs while he logged them.

This was the mappers like assitant guy doing these for me.

I have done a few things since then , 2.0 TFSI colpacks etc.. but the same problem persists from this liog :(

Last edited:

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
Has the MAF been cleaned or replaced? Did you check the Map Sensor? as they can get clogged up over time. Both these made a big difference with my LCR after having several boost / power issues for some time. Apreciate you have the power on previous log but something is not happy.

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
Has the MAF been cleaned or replaced? Did you check the Map Sensor? as they can get clogged up over time. Both these made a big difference with my LCR after having several boost / power issues for some time. Apreciate you have the power on previous log but something is not happy.

I have and cleaned/checked the MAF as in just disconnecting it with no change. Is there any way to check the MAP sensor without VCDS?

Showed the log to someone today and he straight away noticed the intake temps are reaching 77 and also said the car would start holding back and adjusting from about 50 degrees?

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI

Is it a matter of taking the MAP sensor and and giving it a good clean?

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
You can try cleaning the map sensor but i've never known it to work well. When the map sensor's go they hold back boost and performance due to crap on the sensor and failing over time. If the Maf is not reading correctly it will effect the air intake readings thus effecting performance. Have you replaced the thermostate or temp sender in the cars history? As both also fail over time. If its reading high on intake temps then the ecu might stop it going too high by reducing power.

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
You can try cleaning the map sensor but i've never known it to work well. When the map sensor's go they hold back boost and performance due to crap on the sensor and failing over time. If the Maf is not reading correctly it will effect the air intake readings thus effecting performance. Have you replaced the thermostate or temp sender in the cars history? As both also fail over time. If its reading high on intake temps then the ecu might stop it going too high by reducing power.

Will have to look into a MAP and MAF sensor. I have never had any bother with either in the last 35k so possibly due one/both and no mention of it being replaced in the service history from 62k when i got it.

I know to get a genuine MAF from the dealers but what about an OEM spec MAP sensor?

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
They are both not servicable items as such so not listed on the service schedules either. Both the MAF and MAP Sensor can be purchased from other motor factors ie Euro Car Parts. I checked the part numbers listed on the items and got bosch replacments as that's what VAG tend to use. The part numbers matched up with what was specced. With VW/SEAT/Audi parts there will be several sets of part numbers listed as bosch have there number listed on them too. This allows you to check they match if you purchase from somewhere else.

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
going by the logs the maf looks ok to me as there is no spurious readings and as iv already said the logs show peak g/s of 175 which works out to be 218bhp i see from your sig that you are only running a smic??, this is a potential case of the high temperature coupled with the fact that where the temp gets high on the logs is on the 3rd consecutive WOT run. WOT to redline runs 3 times in a row + inadequate intercooler = high intake temps

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
going by the logs the maf looks ok to me as there is no spurious readings and as iv already said the logs show peak g/s of 175 which works out to be 218bhp i see from your sig that you are only running a smic??, this is a potential case of the high temperature coupled with the fact that where the temp gets high on the logs is on the 3rd consecutive WOT run. WOT to redline runs 3 times in a row + inadequate intercooler = high intake temps

Been looking into front mounts lately with a view so thank you Hobbiniho. What i dont get though is that i am still losing rhe low down torque i had before with only giving it the 1st boost so intake temps should be ok at that point? would that be correct??

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
Still not running 100% Got round to fitting SAI delete, new Dealer MAF 2 weeks ago and also injector seals and seats changed last week.....still same :( heat soak had been mentioned before but even from the 1st boost the car doesnt feel the same...telling me it is more than heat soak?

Any other ideas?

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
Getting a misfire on boost lately, doesnt happen all the time but it is really annoying me now! I have 2.0 coilpacks and fresh plugs...what else causes misfires/power cut/loss? Would a dodgy MAP show these symptoms by any chance?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.