Josh's MK1 LCR Wellycooler Fitted!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Bit of an update, as said, the konigs are in along with the 32 wheel. I've got bbs rs 2 splits on it at the moment but they don't look very good, so, the standard r wheels have been Refurbed and I'm collecting them this afternoon. Before collecting them, I'm off to get another r. It's snapped a rod and thrown a few chunks out of the block, so my original plan was to forge the engine, put my engine in that anfld get a free v4 mani, and forged engine out of the money I'd sell it for. However, there are so many good parts on it I might do something else with it. I'm donating the nuespeed arbs, tracks lag charge pipe and liquid gauge into my car and the rest we'll see.
It has a v4 mani,
Welly cooler,
sfs large tip with Rtec heats held and stage 2 map,
boost gauge,
3" milltek cat back with 3" dp and sports cats.
silicone hoses all round,
nuespeed quick shift,
apparent rebuilt k04,
obviously all the 225 refinements like steering wheel and tear drop mirrors.
again, obviously brembos, bumpers and wheels too.

I will get some photos of mine and this later.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Keen for the exhaust, steering wheel and maybe ECU as you know ;)

Have had a chat with a mate from the Dockyard and he's pretty keen for the k04 kit to convert his A3 if you do split the thing down, so that'd be turbo, bracket, lines and a few other bits ticked off too.

Where did you get your LCR rims refurbed dude? Have got mine off the car and had planned on doing them myself over leave but got a little sidetracked pulling the car to bits instead...

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Claki - I had one of those digital boost gauges when I had my tdi, in a vent pod. It was ok, but I prefer the mechanical ones, it would have been a bugger to wire up so I didn't bother fitting it. It had a full loom that needed wiring into the car, I don't have time for that.

Luke - Well those things haven't been advertised anywhere, except the exhaust as it's no good. My wheels have been done by a local place to me, MD Performance. I won't lie, they aren't perfect but they weren't £300 either. There are a few little imperfections that's all.

A little update, I've managed to bag a Nuespeed rarb, liquid gauge (with code yipee) and a phonelic inlet gasket (don't know if I spelt that right?). Plus a few little bits like a l R dead pedal and a couple of little trims. The other R is being broken however I'm keeping the engine to keep my options open, and good news for me it's pretty much all provisionally sold. I think I'm left with just the tip and glow shift boost gauge in a weird pod. Few standard bits left like the interior gubbins but I'll flog that lot to the mk4 golf guys as they're mugs and pay loads for black interior stuff.

Still have things like wishbones and some other but they can sit in the garage until whenever. The big rip apart starts this week, and hopefully by then end of next week she'll be just a shell. Probably offended people on here, but it's cheap parts for everyone and I get some goodies.... plus, all of ours will go up in value lol.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Right, plans are getting put in place properly. I'm picking up the engine off Mike and Tim (Ronin) next weekend, it'll be getting a gates timing belt, oem metal water pump, new stat and housing, coolant temp sensor, plugs, filters, pick up and all the other bits that I feel need changing. I'll be painting the one of 4 cylinder head covers I have in either vht red or black and doing one of 3 inlet manifolds I have in black, to match a spare tb I have that'll be going black too.

In the mean time I'll be giving Dan at BBT a ring and sorting out a K418T and some 550's, to go with a 4bar FPR and a Walbro 255 fuel pump.

Clutch is sorted, I'll be taking a trip down to B5 next weekend to order a 240mm paddle clutch off Bill and depending on the condition of a spare DMF and pressure plate I have, I'll decide on wether or not to buy a new one. I also have another 02m gearbox which was refurbished 20k ago, which I will eventually get a quaiffe lsd installed into but that's a £1000 job so it can wait lol.

Another few parts to go on with the new build are as follows, liquid gauge, reinstall my boost gauge, 25mm H&R RARB, phonelic gasket, and some silly bits like a cupra r dead pedal off the platinum one I bought.

I'm planning to do all of the work myself, and take it to Bill for mapping at some point, and figure wise I'd like to achieve somewhere in the region of 350. I think I'll need WMI too for this, which is a little bit of cheating I think as I won't run it all the time but brag the highest figure achieved on the day....

I've done a sensible thing and bought myself a Renault Kangoo van so my LCR doesn't carry on being used as a van, and I'm picking my wheels up from paint this Weekend and I'll be flogging the BBS RS2 splits it's on at the moment. Hopefully some exciting updates to come.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I cant see bill mapping your car to 350 unless you have stronger internals capable of taking the extrta torque achived from them figures.
Either way if you have got the internals then 350ish will give you plenty of smiles.

he has bought a forged engine off me :p

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Engine is sorted, turbo is sorted, new pro 4 has arrived, along with a gates engineering timing belt, engine stand, 600cc injectors, picking the clutch up this weekend from Bill and possibly dropping the manifold off for port matching to the k418t. All I really need now are the 'consumables', gaskets, sump sealant, oil pick up, mani nuts, waterpump, and all that rubbish.

I replaced the bbs rs2's with the r alloys this weekend, refurbished in gunmetal but with a little bronze tinge, they're being redone though as I'm not happy. I fitted the rear anti roll bar, thought it was all hype but it really does make a massive difference. Just plugged in the new liquid gauge after acquiring the password from race logistics. Last thing, I bought a toledo V5 2 weeks ago, for the entire double din set up, but I've also bought my old double din console and head unit back so the single console is up for sale, not cheap though it's really good condition. I'll try and get photos up now. Josh.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet stuff man. Sounds great!
Any idea how much Bill charges to port match a turbo and mani? Would be nice to get mine done while it's all off the car.

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
It's £85 not sure if he needs both or if that includes VAT. Get your rarb on and buy a liquid gauge Luke, I'd forgotten how much I love that little gauge.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
02e49eb57ab1b39c79430d3b82e24ca9.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members