My Leon MK2 TFSI has to go, passat r36 to replace

cunningham85

Feb 3, 2015
Lochore Fife
Looks great think the wheels would look better darker no black maybe a dark anthracite? You have done lots of work, good job. Does the xenons not require headlights washers? Has it been through a mot with them yet? Very nice car

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Looks great think the wheels would look better darker no black maybe a dark anthracite? You have done lots of work, good job. Does the xenons not require headlights washers? Has it been through a mot with them yet? Very nice car

Thanks for the comment mate yeah I'm thinking about changing the wheels at a later date and yeah still all ok for mot even spoke to vosa about it And they say it's all fine as they weren't fitted as standard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Soon the car will be going in for a bit of a tidy up on the paint work, also fitting these bad boys to it.
b32139f69e191cb361d656ea4dddca1b.jpg

There going to be refurbed in a different colour and have new discs and pads for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Steady on mate, I had I full respray on boot bumper side skirts spoiler diffuser and others bits so that was all it I don't know what it would be separately I'm also including price for buying all the bits.

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Sadly the leon is going i feel i have done all i can do and dont want to keep throwing money at it so now a deposit has been put down on a passat r36 :) cant wait to pick it up!

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Sadly the leon is going i feel i have done all i can do and dont want to keep throwing money at it so now a deposit has been put down on a passat r36 :) cant wait to pick it up!

Hmmm V6 rasp , I kinda miss it just not the heft!

Enjoy, should have ganders at a CC V6 there lighter ,cheaper ,and have a sleeper element to them not to mention better looking :whistle:

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Haha, I do like to look of the cc but the 3.6 versions looks no different to a 2.0tdi so I went for the r36 as they are so rare it's also a salone so weight wise it's most likely the same,

Take it you had a cc 3.6 :) I have to admit I'm not looking forward to the mpg and tax prices

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Haha, I do like to look of the cc but the 3.6 versions looks no different to a 2.0tdi so I went for the r36 as they are so rare it's also a salone so weight wise it's most likely the same,

Take it you had a cc 3.6 :) I have to admit I'm not looking forward to the mpg and tax prices

I think it's around 100kg lighter (edit 53kg)preferred the full leather interior and dash of the CC.

According to the MFD there's not much difference in mpg to the Cupra r Iv got now, certainly won't see more than 30-31mpg @ motor speeds, and round the doors anywhere from 24-28 average all mfd data off course so read into that what you will.

Tax will be summit like £43 a month if you pay by DD.i used to put £60 fuel in a week and average around 240 miles a week around the doors/inner city driving ,on the motorway 320-340ish is achievable ( never bothered to sit down n work it out)

Brake discs n pads will be £500 from VW or £350 from an independent and tyres where summit like £135 a corner 235/18's ( uniroyal rs3 )

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Nice one thanks for all your info on the car, the mpg figures sound pretty much the same as my Leon too so that's a good thank, and tax is more doable when you do a direct debit I guess, I'll but some photos up once I collect it

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Out of Intrest, how did you find your bmw 1 series in comparison to the Passat, similar engine etc