seat altea 1.6 reference 2006

martyn1984

Aug 17, 2015
ill start by sayin hi as this is my first post

So I picked one up with a few problems

first clutch judder the car starts juddering when lifting the clutch up to find the biting point. is this a new clutch job? if so what sort of price am I looking at

2nd is a humming noise after 30 from the front get worse when turning right to me I would say a bearing again how much should I be looking at

thankyou

mart

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
The juddering could be a seized calliper my dad had one is his 2004 that ended up being around £150 and the second thing deffinitly sounds like a bearing again that happened to my dads car and that was around £80

martyn1984

Aug 17, 2015
I jacked all 4 corners up and I can spin the wheels however they don't spin freely like they should but I doubt that would cause it to judder right ?

martyn1984

Aug 17, 2015
the car isn't juddering when moving at speed it judders on finding the biting point or just as you set off so you have to give abit more revs

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
The humming that sounds like a wheel bearing, will actually be the rear-tyres worn on the inside edge due to the rear alignment being out.

I had it on my old Altea, and also on the wife's current Altea.

You need to find somewhere with a Hunter 4-wheel Laser Alignment Rig, and get it checked/adjusted. You'll also probably need new rear tyres.

This is a very common problem on the Mk5 Golf platform (Mk2 Leon, Altea, Mk5 Golf etc)

With regards the clutch judder, my wife 1.6 Altea also does this, I've found that it's a case of giving it slightly more rev's than you would normally do. Possibly clutch on the way out, not sure.

martyn1984

Aug 17, 2015
The thing thats gettin me is when i turn right at speed it gets worse so wouldn't that indicate a bearing. Or would the rear tyres do that to ?

Cheers

martyn1984

Aug 17, 2015
ok ive replace both front wheel bearings front left needed doing the other one didn't but I thought id do it anyway, took me a hour on each side. Anyway the noise is still their just not as bad so im going to order some toyo tyres or if anyone has a recommendation for tyres id be grateful my next question is the engine. I somehow noticed that you can rock the engine quite a lot, is this normal? to the point were you can see the rubber mounts moving

cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.