Clutch check

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Quick question but is this the correct clutch for my Leon Cupra R stage 1?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON-1...-SLAVE-BEARING-BOLTS-/261300509702?nav=SEARCH

Does anybody have experience of this clutch and are there any other recommendations?

Its only my release bearing that is playing up, should I just get that replaced or the whole lot? Clutch is not slipping at all but I don't know when it was last changed unfortunately. Car is on 95K.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Brick_Top

Aug 10, 2015
Bristol, UK
What are the symptoms? If your taking the box off and current one has done 95k I'd definitely be replacing the clutch and inspecting the DMF

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Clutch is noisy when depressed, noise stops when I take foot off the clutch. I'm having a garage do the work so don't have the luxury of checking first really as they are quoting 580 quid for the parts whereas I can buy the whole lot for 340.

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
Sachs and luk are oem manufacturers, you won't go wrong with a genuine Sachs kit, I'd replace all, I'd even be inclined to replace the crankshaft oil seal whilst there as your clutch has the potential to do another 100k miles and it'd be a shitter to split the engine and box for an oil seal ;) 90% of the labour is just getting the box off so it's usually cost effective to replace what you can whilst it's off esp if you pay for the work to be done.

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
I've done 18-20K on a Sachs with new DMF and Slave with an APR Stage1 Remap and it still feels new.

I'll echo previous comments on you may as well get the whole lot done at once, one labour charge.

Brick_Top

Aug 10, 2015
Bristol, UK
What power are you making Grayboy? Does anyone have any anecdotes about how much power/torque an OEM spec Sachs clutch will handle reliably?

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Last edited:

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Thanks for all of the replies on this, I think I'll go for the sachs kit, it's a good price too.

Should I be worried and get it done right away, or am I ok for a bit with the noisy release bearing? Could do with holding off til end of September if possible.

Thanks

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
Don't wait forever or you'll end up with this :rofl:
That's what's left of a release bearing in a mk2 punto

My moms clutch was dragging and crunching gears, it was getting worse and worse but as she only does a couple of miles a week if that it's lasted about 4 months, I had my car in the air and used hers to go to euro's when the release bearing completely gave out, obviously I got the blame as I broke it lol! Had to nurse it back with only second and third as it was the only gears I could get hold of, and then had to replace it too as she'd of killed me if I left it :)

Bits of it in the box

One mashed pressure plate too, I can see why it failed at least :rofl:

Oh and I never found the parts of the pressure plate or the ball bearings they all must have been chewed up.

So basically you'll be fine but get it done when you can, funnily enough the release bearing was never actually noisy on this but it's obviously the culprit of why it failed so well.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.