Seat Sound Retrofit - Someone on Spanish forum has done it!

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
My boots sound proofed to death so I'll probably do without the subwoofer - very keen on the centre speaker If it's just a plug and play jobby

simmo1

Jul 1, 2014
Estonia
My boots sound proofed to death so I'll probably do without the subwoofer - very keen on the centre speaker If it's just a plug and play jobby

You need connect the wires. Would be great to get step by step tutorial if you do it :)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Is there a plug for the speaker under the grill or do you need to run a wire back to the headunit?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Is there a plug for the speaker under the grill or do you need to run a wire back to the headunit?

I'll let you know if I figure out how to remove the thing lol.

And ues the sound proofing does make a big difference, i've had the whole bottom of the car, boot and rear wheel arches done. It tackles the road noise really well I just need to do the doors next

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
:blink:
You don't actually need the wheel, I've removed my wheel. Subwoofer still mounts where it should.

Does it not move about at all? Mind you, I wouldn't want to be without a spare , and I told the then GF if you had a spare (which she wanted) you had to have the sound system ;)

tarpek

Nov 25, 2014
Have someone try to retrofit new satnav with screen mirroring?
I have 1.4 SC TSI FR DSG model year 2015 bought on October 2014 only with seat sound

I'm working in the vehicle center of Croatia and right now we do technical examination on 277 new seat leon's. From ST to SC, no CUPRA :(

The dealer told me that I can get unit's but I must return old-my unit's to vehicle I took from. (I hope you understand me)

I need some good advice or tutorial if and how can I do that.

Plug & play IDEA:
My idea was to connect first old unit's to new car to see if there will be KABOOM (hahahaha) and than connect new unit's to "old" car.
Unit form dash and unit from glove box

but I was afraid that something's gone wrong

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Have someone try to retrofit new satnav with screen mirroring?
I have 1.4 SC TSI FR DSG model year 2015 bought on October 2014 only with seat sound

I'm working in the vehicle center of Croatia and right now we do technical examination on 277 new seat leon's. From ST to SC, no CUPRA :(

The dealer told me that I can get unit's but I must return old-my unit's to vehicle I took from. (I hope you understand me)

I need some good advice or tutorial if and how can I do that.

Plug & play IDEA:
My idea was to connect first old unit's to new car to see if there will be KABOOM (hahahaha) and than connect new unit's to "old" car.
Unit form dash and unit from glove box

but I was afraid that something's gone wrong

The units may fit in correctly but you may have problems with them working unless you can get them coded to the car.
The manufacturers tell us that the coding is to stop theft of the units because they wont work in another car.
in reality - the coding is to stop you upgrading the unit so you hopefully buy a new car.

tarpek

Nov 25, 2014
The units may fit in correctly but you may have problems with them working unless you can get them coded to the car.
The manufacturers tell us that the coding is to stop theft of the units because they wont work in another car.
in reality - the coding is to stop you upgrading the unit so you hopefully buy a new car.
Ahhh...
Cmon do some coding for me... hehehe

Last edited:
Reactions: Blub

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Ahhh...
Cmon do some coding for me... hehehe

I wish I could.

You need access to the VW database through a dealers diagnostic machine.

The machine accesses something called SVM ( System Version Management )

This is what allows different parts of the car to be activated and logged on the system.

Nov 28, 2006
I'm pretty sure that I read a few weeks ago that SEAT were officially looking into a solution for retro fitting the new Nav High with Full Link (Apple Car Play and the Android equivalent). It'll probably cost a bit though.

tt12

Apr 10, 2013
Did you manage to fit this? Im really interested to onow how you got on and if its possible :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.