Share your experience of Android-Auto, Apple Carplay, Mirrorlink

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Oh that's a shame!

My Note 3 is definitely running lollipop albeit as an update so won't run MirrorLink.

So the search goes onwards, though not necessarily upwards lol!

We must produce our own spread sheet what works, with what, running what, and with what, and you can do what!!!!

SpeedDemon

Aug 23, 2015
So... If i were to buy a brand new Leon FR 184 tomorrow with the discounted Tech Pack that includes NAV as standard.. I could activate Apple CarPlay (for an unknown sum) at a later date??

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
So... If i were to buy a brand new Leon FR 184 tomorrow with the discounted Tech Pack that includes NAV as standard.. I could activate Apple CarPlay (for an unknown sum) at a later date??

Seat are currently implying this may be the case yes.

One thing we should all learn from the Navigation MapCare scenario back in 2013 is that nothing is guaranteed to be offered here in the UK. So it should come as a shock to no one if it never arrives.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I made a call to Samsung today to ask what they know about Mirrorlink and Android auto.

In addition via email i asked the same prior to calling.

They came back with that the A3 and Alpha are Mirrorlink compatible on Lollipop.

So I've questioned as it conflicts their previous information!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Potchi

May 21, 2015
Sweden
I have a Sony Xperia Z2 and it works with android auto and mirrorlink. The only problem I'm having is that for some reason the max volume is quite low. If I only connect via bluetooth the volume is ALOT higher. When using android auto I find myself maxing the volume on the stereo all the time. Not sure If it's a problem with my phone or a built in safety function in android auto.

Had my MY16 Cupra for almost 4 weeks now and it's a blast! :p

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Any one got some photos of Android Auto in the Leon? I know it surely looks exactly the same as in any other car, but I'd like to see some anyway! :p

plain

Mar 10, 2015
Any one got some photos of Android Auto in the Leon? I know it surely looks exactly the same as in any other car, but I'd like to see some anyway! :p

I'd be quite interested to see this as well.

And if someone could do a video as well that would be brilliant (ideally in English as I've only found German videos of android auto in a seat)

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Would love to show you Android Auto and mirror link in my Leon but neither work with the LG G3!

Think it is a phone software issue so hopefully it will be fixed.

richardtank

Sep 19, 2009
Would love to show you Android Auto and mirror link in my Leon but neither work with the LG G3!

Think it is a phone software issue so hopefully it will be fixed.

Have you tried again recently? I believe Google and LG have now resolved this with the latest update to the Android Auto app.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Yesterday..... App says it is up to date.

Kept trying to connect but failing. Will try again when I have a bit more time and patience.

damo74

Feb 16, 2013

I just got my new one earlier today, I'll get some photos over the weekend for you :)

I had a very quick play with it a short time ago - Set up was simple and it looks very impressive

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Thanks.... Thinking of ditching my G3 if it doesn't get Android auto soon and getting something else. S5 or Z3 perhaps.
Z5 announced today ☺
I've had just about all of them and the OnePlus is the best I've used.
Can't you somehow sideload it?

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Question to Android Auto users:
How to you enable 'Okay Google' without touching the screen?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
Question to Android Auto users:
How to you enable 'Okay Google' without touching the screen?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hold down the voice button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds. If you press the voice button the car voice system takes over, if you hold it down it passes it to AA.

Last edited:

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Hold down the voice button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds. If you press the voice button the car voice system takes over, if you hold it down it passes it to AA.
Glad to hear that, would have been disappointed if it was difficult to use AA voice control

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Made a bit more progress but not there yet.
My Samsung Galaxy Alpha has now updated to Lollipop 5.0.2 and supports Mirrorlink.
Unfortunately the phone doesn't seem to support any SEAT app.
Also the phone now supports the AndroidAuto app but until I get the car updated to this I won't know!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.