Cupra MY16 turbo dial

cs8

May 19, 2015
It says that Cupra has 1.2 bar turbo, if I am right? Anyone knows why turbo pressure dial in the centre console under sport shows up to 2.2 bar when going full throttle?

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
I'm not certain but it's likely that there's an over boost function that allows it to increase for a short time, around 15 seconds, under full load and throttle in some gears. I know quite a few other turbo cars have this type of function.

cs8

May 19, 2015
sorry for shaky video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIsHSQePiBY

Bar goes up to 2.2

screen-shot-2015-09-03-a.jpg

screenshot2015-09-03-21-.png

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
Atmospheric natural pressure (that is what you feel all day around you) is already 1 bar.
So when the turbo adds 1.2 bar to it it will be 2.2 bar.
So OVERPRESSURE is 1,2 bar and total pressure is 2.2 bar so the indication tells you the total pressure.

cs8

May 19, 2015
Thanks for the explanation, but why it than shows also values below 1bar? It is a bit confusing information gauge.

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Thanks for the explanation, but why it than shows also values below 1bar? It is a bit confusing information gauge.
It will go below atmospheric pressure due to engine vacuum when closing the throttle.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Vassilis

Nov 4, 2015
Athens, Greece
When I read what you wrote I thought I can't possibly be such a noob. But yep, I am. There's a reason they say read the ****ing manual, isn't there? Next step, find out how to change KW to PS or hp or whatever. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
When I read what you wrote I thought I can't possibly be such a noob. But yep, I am. There's a reason they say read the ****ing manual, isn't there? Next step, find out how to change KW to PS or hp or whatever. Thanks a lot!

I only found the lap timer on the main screen 6 months in.

I knew about it on the MFD as I enabled it on me last car.

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
How do you get the latimer up on main screen haha? And is it actually possible to change measurement of power?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.