Leon Road Noise

geoffpuma

Jun 12, 2015
Three months into ownership of my Leon SC FR 1.8 DSG I'm generally very happy with my purchase, but disappointed by the amount of road noise that gets into the cabin. Has anyone had any success with reducing road noise? If so, what worked? I think Spanish roads must have smoother surfaces than what we have to endure on our motorway network!...

cs8

May 19, 2015
What tyres do you have? After a trackday with tyres full of rubber I had so noisy cabin on the way home, that I couldn't believe that this came from the worn our tyres.

geoffpuma

Jun 12, 2015
What tyres do you have? After a trackday with tyres full of rubber I had so noisy cabin on the way home, that I couldn't believe that this came from the worn our tyres.
Pirelli Cinturato P7 (225x45 17")

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
In all fairness they are crap tyres. Mine all cracked so I had to change them all.

My Leon is fairly quite, I'm using Goodyear F1 asycemetric 2s and find them quiet and great tyres.

Nov 28, 2006
My 280 makes quite a lot road noise for an otherwise quite refined car. There are quite a few people on here that have added sound proofing with good results.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised how refined my ST Cupra is and road noise really isn't an issue on the boggo Bridgestones that everyone seems to hate. Certainly I rate it as a step-up from my 2008 S-line Audi A3 Quattro - just miss the traction away from a standing start, though have adjusted my driving style accordingly - nearly got used to it!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.