Wheel alignment or camber?

aidiewright

Seat Leon FR 170
Oct 20, 2013
East Yorkshire, Driffield
Afternoon, so I've had my tyres about 3-4 months and look at the state of them with out me even realising...

Front Near Side:
f4531e2f6fce20fb14c6fd3ed84a6130.jpg

Front Off-Side:
3616313adf8fd2362ddea8cb1e10ae4d.jpg

Any tyre pro's have any idea? Booked in for wheel alignment tomorrow but don't want to get it if it need camber sorting instead. I do think it's the wheel alignment but I'm just guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
Are they worn on the inside? That'd be camber, and the fact that they're worn down to the markers already could be either:

1. Too much toe
2. Wrong tyre rating. Check on somewhere like QuikFit's website (but don't bloody buy anything from there lol) using your reg number and see what rating tyre you should have. It probably won't be wrong, but worth checking.

Also, what brand and type of tyre are they? They're not Conti Sport 5's, are they?

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
If there wearing in the inside edge get it checked for toe in/out.

Actually.....get it on a hunter 4 wheel alignment machine. May cost you £50 or so, but that's far cheaper than a new set of tyres in another 3 months

aidiewright

Seat Leon FR 170
Oct 20, 2013
Just got mine booked in at 5 tonight at 45 quid interested to see the result.

Reckon that tyre is still legal? Getting EGR/DPF delete and remap this month so with this not much cash left..

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Likely to be toe-out, get alignment done and personally I'd replace that tyre on the N/S front.

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
I'd agree with you mate. Looks like they've sorted the front toe and made the rear left corner slightly worse... I know these cars can be a ******* to set properly, but I'm not sure that's right.

aidiewright

Seat Leon FR 170
Oct 20, 2013
Still if I'm paying money I don't care how much of a pain in the arse they are I don't think I should expect this, anyone work with a hunter shed some light?

They are vredstein ultrac vorti's on front, but the guy said wire is showing on the inside so gunna order something different tonight.

Continentals on the back.

andycupra

status subject to change
my money is on tracking, and the check appears to back this up.

all you got done was tracking/alignment right? then they have done this. there is a difference between alignment/tracking v geometry.

Geometry adjustment is more involved and may not even be adjustable on your car.

Last edited:

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
The Conti's wear really quickly and are loud and uneconomical. Wet and dry grip is great though.

Yeah, not sure what to do about the geometry though. Might be worth a trip back down there to ask what's going on.

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
Ah. If you've only had the tracking done, then they've done that, as Andy said.

4 wheel geometry is definitely a lot more involved and some settings can't be adjusted on our cars.

aidiewright

Seat Leon FR 170
Oct 20, 2013
Cheers for the info lads! Aslong as I get even tyre wear from now on I'm not that bothered, I'm rather annoyed that the camber on the rear left was in the green and is now in the red. Might go get them to sort that out..

Think I'm decided on the rainsports 3's to replace the fronts..

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
The toe is adjustable all round and should definitely be in the green on the "after" picture, ESPECIALLY when you've gone in with tyres showing wear related to toe-out!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise