tyre warning light

whitewhip

Sep 14, 2014
Basically a while ago i got 2 tyre fitted drove down the road a couple of kiles and my tyre waring light came on on my 59 plate leon fr ive tried holding the button downnon the set control but nothing.

Could anyone tell me if getting the ecu faults reset would rectify the problem or sugest any other solutions. I also dont want to do this everytime i get a tyre changed.

Ps the guy that changed the tyres for me was a mate and done it for a freebe so i cant really ask him to spend hours looking at something that he set off feel a bit rude

Many thanks guys

whitewhip

Sep 14, 2014
Ye checked them all let them all down and pumped em back up again i believe ive tried everything. And i dont think i have pressed it while driving but it came on just after i got the tyres fitted so gotta be that

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
A tread difference of more than 3mm between each axle can trigger the TMPS a change in tyre or wheel size can also cause TMPS issues can also try a hard reset by disconnecting the negative battery lead waiting for ~2 minutes and then driving the vehicle.

whitewhip

Sep 14, 2014
This did help btw ☝ took the switch out and there was alot of corrosion around the contacts gonna pop to my local scrapyard soon as possible

5hanks guys ill keep you posted

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
I had this same issue and turned out it was the tyre fitter who hadnt cleaned out the rim and thus casused it to go off (i was losing small amounts of air)

Check your tyres are properly fitted and not losing air