Oil light woes - HELP

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Oil level sensor? oil pressure sensor?

Really need to plug the vehicle in and go from there. I wouldn't suggest driving the vehicle with the oil light on either.

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
the 1.4 TFSI's are well known for burning oil so that would be the most likely cause let us know how you get on.

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
If you race the car you want the oil level at about 3/4 on the dipstick. This allows the crank to spin freer and you'll notice some increase in hp.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
If you race the car you want the oil level at about 3/4 on the dipstick. This allows the crank to spin freer and you'll notice some increase in hp.

lol id rather have a the extra oil so i dont have to rebuild the engine when i get oil starve from hard cornering.
:rofl:

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Some people are very systematic when it comes to racing and the 3/4 trick is well known and really helps with times. However, whether you race or not you should check the oil level often to be on the safe side. :)

Samcupra88

Mar 5, 2015
Would be a good car if it was running well

Hi everyone. Iv got a seat ibiza cupra 13reg and I'm sorry to say worse car I have ever had.
I had it a year and from
Day one problem after problem

Let me start with saying about the oil
My god the car drinks oil like we drink water. 24 lts in one year.
Seat said there isn't no problem. And didn't Believe me until i showed the bottles of oil I used
It has took me this long to finial get it sorted.
There going put a new engine in next week

Even called up seat head office and some women named Megan said because I didn't by the car from seat dealer ship and got from a private dealer they did not know what the car was like when I got it.
! And the best thing I could do is sell the car.
No one tells a owner of one of there cars to sell it.

It's like me saying I work for apple. But go buy a Nokia

Anyway then the other problem i started having was gear box would kick and thump when it changed , (automatic )
Still trying to get them to sort it

Also the car was losing power. When it took it in they said the car wasn't getting air. !? And when they had a look they said the wires had melted !?
Now this not even a 3 year old car. And I had all Thai problem.

Anyway has anyone else had any of the above

Thanks guys.

Samcupra88

Mar 5, 2015
Yeah mate , no joke They have only just said there going give me a new engine after 1 year. So next week no hope all my problems go. Don't get me wrong the car is lovely. Power looks nice. Leaves most cars behind.
Going mod some point. But wouldn't do it untell it was up and running
But just made me laugh how they had the check to say sell the car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members