remap

sharpy1975

Aug 9, 2015
Hello all.....any idea if there is a remap that doesn't effect warranty, like what mountune do for the ST.

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015
Any reason why you would have a remap over a box?

A tuning box tricks some signals that the ECU sends and receives.

A remap changes all of the signals. No tricking of anything.

In layman's terms, when you get on the phone to complain do you want to seek to some trainee or the person with authority who can fix the problem.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Hello all.....any idea if there is a remap that doesn't effect warranty, like what mountune do for the ST.

Nobody has answered your question, they've just given you opinions.

So here's the facts: there is no Mountune version of Seat. There is no remap out there that will not void your Seat warranty.

The best you can do is go for a DTUK tuning box, which alters the signals between the ECU and the engine. This leaves no trace if you unplug and remove it prior to warranty work. DTUK is a respected company and thousands of people run their boxes without issue.

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
If you don't plan to modify the car any more you wont notice a difference between a dtuk CRD t-2 over a standard remap but if you plan to modify the car any more over standard then A proper rolling road remap is the way to go.

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015

So here's the facts: there is no Mountune version of Seat. There is no remap out there that will not void your Seat warranty.

The best you can do is go for a DTUK tuning box, which alters the signals between the ECU and the engine. This leaves no trace if you unplug and remove it prior to warranty work. DTUK is a respected company and thousands of people run their boxes without issue.

I thought it was clear with the TD1 comment personally.(In regards to the op question)

But what you can do is become mates with some one in the servicing department at the stealership and tell him the Craig #ByeByeTD1

Also in regards to mountune I belive they only warranty they're parts. (Got a mate with an mr300 St mk3)

Last edited:

sharpy1975

Aug 9, 2015
Not looking to mod a great deal as I would like my warranty kept in place. Looks like the box would be a nice option...are many running these? What increase/performance etc??

Sorry for all the questions.

sharpy1975

Aug 9, 2015
So there is no improvement 0 - 60? Are they easy to fit etc.....and how did you word it to your insurance company.

Thanks for all the replies.

bluenose172

Dec 23, 2001
Somewhere
Visit site
I'm sure it does improve it slightly, but who cares about that benchmark? Every other increment is massively quicker, 30-70, 100-200kmh etc etc. . Insurance was around £50 extra a year. It's easy to fit if you can get under the car.

Last edited:

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
I thought it was clear with the TD1 comment personally.(In regards to the op question)

But what you can do is become mates with some one in the servicing department at the stealership and tell him the Craig #ByeByeTD1

Also in regards to mountune I belive they only warranty they're parts. (Got a mate with an mr300 St mk3)

TD1 is not a dealer detectable flag on the ECU. When your car is plugged in at the stealers they carry out a data dump of the cars ecu which is fired to Seat uk and headquaters across the big pond, This is where the TD1 flag on your car happens ( so im told )
:(

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015

Really? Any competent technician will be able to see a tuning box has been fitted. FACT. They just need to compare the fuel tables, boost pressures, etc to those of a standard car, it will be clear the car has been running outside of it's normal operating parameters. However not many dealers would routinely go looking at that data.

To say they're undetectable is just wrong. They aren't as easily detectable is more like it.

The people selling these boxes would like to tell you otherwise but that's the 'trump card' they wish to use in their marketing burble.

bluenose172

Dec 23, 2001
Somewhere
Visit site
It would still be hard for them to say with 100‰ certainty a box caused it. A faulty Map sensor, a leak in boost pipework, a faulty wastegate/actuator could cause values to skew. Although access to VCDS to reset everything prior to taking it to the dealer is probably best.....

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
It would still be hard for them to say with 100‰ certainty a box caused it. A faulty Map sensor, a leak in boost pipework, a faulty wastegate/actuator could cause values to skew. Although access to VCDS to reset everything prior to taking it to the dealer is probably best.....

Yes, with both a box and a remap the dealer would have to have reasonable doubt to suspect you've had one fitted and go to great lengths to prove it. Though with the remap the TD1 will be the giveaway.

I'm simply trying to say that this 'a box is undetectable' talk is complete rubbish. My mate has a BiTdi A6 and Audi told him not to bother removing the box in future unless the car is in for warranty work (he removed it before taking it for a service). I've since spoken to a few techs who've said they can be detected if you go looking.

Nov 28, 2006
Not the best remap I know but how about a Superchips Bluefin? You can remove the map for warranty work. I can't remember if the Bluefin increments the ECU flash count or not so it's possible that a savvy dealer could tell you'd had it mapped.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Not the best remap I know but how about a Superchips Bluefin? You can remove the map for warranty work. I can't remember if the Bluefin increments the ECU flash count or not so it's possible that a savvy dealer could tell you'd had it mapped.

Bluefin or any EOBD flash will trigger TD1.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.