robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Those drl's look insane, how did you wire them up?? Did you tap
Into the headlight? Also what
Type of LEDs are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are wired to a drl module by Genlabs (eBay) and then the power is fed from an ignition live fuse by the side of the dash. They are connected to the headlights so that when the dipped beam is on the DRLs dip to about 50% so not to dazzle. The LEDs I use are t10 canbus ones.

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Do you have a part number for the genlab module ? I can't seem to find it. Also are the fuses wired that I have to use of so what number? I'm a bomb scare when it comes to electrics. Any pics would be great to help with wiring! Cheers

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Cheers that's a gear help, as for tapping into the headlights I'm guessing it will be the live feed for the headlight?
So if I drill the holes for the LEDs splice them all together then put the wire into the headlight then through to the fuse box?? Or is that completely wrong ha?

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Cheers that's a gear help, as for tapping into the headlights I'm guessing it will be the live feed for the headlight?
So if I drill the holes for the LEDs splice them all together then put the wire into the headlight then through to the fuse box?? Or is that completely wrong ha?

The drl module has a guide on where to fit the wires. You just need to have a positive and negative to the DRLs, an earth point on the car, a feed from the dipped beam (so the module knows when to dip to 50%) and the ignition live from the car (as per my photo above)...just feed a cable through the bulkhead behind the battery and away you go.

unerdanielson

Oct 27, 2009
I know this is an old post but how do the Dectane projectors compare to standard reflectors. Just seen a few posts about them not being as good as OEM projectors. Just wondered if it was worth the upgrade.

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
I know this is an old post but how do the Dectane projectors compare to standard reflectors. Just seen a few posts about them not being as good as OEM projectors. Just wondered if it was worth the upgrade.

They look ok when on the car but the light output isn't very good. They don't recommend that you use HIDs due to the distance of the bulb to the lens, also the cutoff line kicks up and is not straight.
You're better off either getting a set and retrofitting a proper projector or getting a set of retrofitted bixenon projectors so they look more OEM. Just add a set of HIDs and it will be fine. Will also pass an MOT without any problems too.
Happy to assist if required as I've made a few for forum members.

Cheers

Rob

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
They look ok when on the car but the light output isn't very good. They don't recommend that you use HIDs due to the distance of the bulb to the lens, also the cutoff line kicks up and is not straight.

You're better off either getting a set and retrofitting a proper projector or getting a set of retrofitted bixenon projectors so they look more OEM. Just add a set of HIDs and it will be fine. Will also pass an MOT without any problems too.

Happy to assist if required as I've made a few for forum members.

Cheers

Rob

I'll vouch for Rob, very knowledgeable guy and very patient when it comes to helping other members!!!

I've still got the projectors in my bedroom as my Leon is long gone, and had an audi s3, which is also long gone

Will

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
I'll vouch for Rob, very knowledgeable guy and very patient when it comes to helping other members!!!

I've still got the projectors in my bedroom as my Leon is long gone, and had an audi s3, which is also long gone

Will

Thanks Will....what you driving now?...that S3 was lovely!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members