Oil/petrol/carbon all over rear end?

Lewis1996

Aug 24, 2015
Anyone else getting loads of black speckly marks on the rear if their car off their exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
I do get small black specks on the rear of my car: 2.0 TDI with a stage 1 map

I can't remember if I used to get the black specks before the engine was remapped.

What car do you have and is the engine mapped?

Lewis1996

Aug 24, 2015
I do get small black specks on the rear of my car: 2.0 TDI with a stage 1 map

I can't remember if I used to get the black specks before the engine was remapped.

What car do you have and is the engine mapped?
Cupra 2.0 tfsi and yeah its been mapped. Really annoying as my car is white and needs cleaning all the time

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Had it on FR (petrol) wasn't as bad on R ( not sure if exhaust design helped) and still see it occasionally on current Cupra.

Lewis1996

Aug 24, 2015
Least its not only me. Wonder if its over fuelling then mixing with the carbon in the exhaust then throwing it out the back

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
Back of my car is always filthy.

Yellow cupra with Milltek exhaust.

It was the same before the exhaust too.

If it wasnt for the cupra badge people would swear its a diesel :D

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
How many of you have the EGR valve still intact/installed? I wonder if that's the cause of the specks.
Anyone had the EGR deleted and get the specks on the back of your car?

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
I have the same problem, all my air/fuel ratios are perfect but I'm running a CTS turbo catch can set up and don't know if that might contribute to it some how? If I cruse round the give it a boot full I can see it in the rear view mirror. I think will it been a K1 the rear screen sort of mists up with the heat from the centre exit exhaust.

My dad gave me a tip a long time ago. Stick some white paper towel over the exhaust whilst the car is running. when you take it off you'll see the small spots on the towel. from the smell and touch you can tell if it's soot or oil. From that you can start to diagnose problems (fuelling / Oil Seals etc)

In the olden days with semi-synth oils, you could raise the winter rating of the oil from say 5W40 to 10W40 and it would stop as much oil getting past the turbo oil seals on boost.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members