Cupra R Catback Exhaust Question

warond

Cupra R '03
Nov 1, 2013
Good Afternoon people,

I currently have a REVO stage 2 LCR with a pipewerx 3" downpipe and decat, fitted to a Milltek 2.76" catback.

At the moment, this does not seem loud enough for me, so I was looking to change the catback to a Cobra.

The Milltek catback I currently have is 2.76", I can only find Cobra catbacks with a diameter of 2.5".

Will this difference in bore size in the catback possibly decrease the power I am producing due to the gasses not being able to escape fast enough? Bearing in mind it was stage 2 REVO mapped with a 2.76" catback system.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JackK

Aug 9, 2015
South East
Is your milltek catback Resonated or unresonated? As they offer two variants. the unresonated one is the louder of the two. so you could swap out for that to retain the same bore.
Decreasing the bore will have an affect but shouldn't be to much of a problem or require any more work.

warond

Cupra R '03
Nov 1, 2013
Its non resonated, so the loudest Milltek option. Although I don't want to go down to a 2.5" bore catback if it can affect performance.

I think my only other option is to get rid of my decat and downpipe, and look at buying the full 3" non resonated cobra system - apparently this 3" cobra catback cannot be bought separately.

JackK

Aug 9, 2015
South East
Miltek are kinda known for being abit more restrained in terms of exhaust noise which is part of the appeal of them to a lot of people. Tbh I don't know how much difference going down to a 2.5 will make as having a quick read around 2.5" is good to around 300bhp (Don't take that as fact aha) before it starts to become restrictive and you would want to be swapping out for the 3".

Not sure what a Stage 2 Revo gets you bhp wise so I would say get the 2.5 if your not looking to go further then 300. Replacing the whole system to get a 3" wouldn't be great value for money but your right there doesn't seem to be many 3" catback only systems on sale would be worth a post in the Awesome GTI section or AMD to see if they have anything anything and they give discounts forum members.

I am looking to buy a 3" downpipe so if you do and want to sell on the piperwerx let me know.

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
If You end up selling your Miltek cat back il take it off your hands.

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Suffolk/Cambridge/Essex borders
I run a 3" milltek decat and down pipe into a 2.5" cobra non res cat back and it's spot on.

The milltek decat tapers into 2.5" on mine. Had it stage 2 mapped by r-tech and made 284bhp 308ftlb.

I did mention the exhaust bore size to niki @ r-tech and he said it flowed very well.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise