Just ordered Leon 1.4 (150) w Drive the Deal

hybrid713

Aug 18, 2015
Just ordered 1.4TSI 5DR (150bps) tech pack with upgraded alloys and convenience pack with drive the deal. Their quote is just unbelievable and when I asked my local London dealer to match it, he was so disgusted and kept complaining how someone could possibly make money selling at that level. Should I be concerned? We are talking about 20% less than what 2 local dealers quoted me. :confused:

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Just ordered 1.4TSI 5DR (150bps) tech pack with upgraded alloys and convenience pack with drive the deal. Their quote is just unbelievable and when I asked my local London dealer to match it, he was so disgusted and kept complaining how someone could possibly make money selling at that level. Should I be concerned? We are talking about 20% less than what 2 local dealers quoted me. :confused:

Go on then, what's the price?

And no, why should you be concerned? Drive the Deal buys cars in bulk so they get discounts and that's why you have a lower quote than going to a dealer buying a single car for yourself.

Last edited:

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
I bought twice via DTD, and other than being a bit of a train journey to collect it (I didn't want some random person driving it up to me) everything went perfectly fine, and as a JC said above, if dealers sell enough cars they get extra discounts from SEAT.

I didn't even bother trying to get the local garage to try to match as I've previously had the same reaction as you from other dealers. They even said the price was a scam and not to buy, but that's not true at all.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
...Should I be concerned? We are talking about 20% less than what 2 local dealers quoted me. :confused:

I've used DTD before and ordered my SEAT through them recently, like you the discount over rrp with the £1k HP contribution worked out at 20% (18k vs 22.6k rrp).
As said above, it's the power of bulk purchasing, so don't be concerned just happy that you paid the right price. :D

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
I bought an Ibiza for the wife then a few months later a Leon for myself through DTD. I'd recommend them. Once you put the order through DTD, you don't really deal with them much. They put you in contact with the selected dealer direct. For both of our cars we dealt with a Seat dealership in Kent who were very friendly and useful.

bjh_101

Sep 18, 2015
I've just ordered an Alor Blue Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 FR 5dr DSG [Tech pack] with Seat sound, full link, safety pack, adaptive cruise control, and rear view camera from Drive The Deal.

My local dealer said they they couldn't give free tech pack or 0% on Alor Blue as it was a factory order so quoted list price with no budging and kept trying to sell black, grey, silver or white!

Drive the Deal offered 20% discount so I just went ahead. They have informed me that they have ordered from a dealer in Ashford, Kent (150 miles from me) with a lead time of 14 weeks. I've paid the deposit, but I'm just waiting for the dealer to finally confirm the order. (I'm half expecting the dealer to say they can't do it as my local dealer was so insistent that it was impossible to get Alor Blue for a sensible price!)

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
None of the local dealers can compete with them. I went in earlier in the year to look at the car and give it a test drive. I already knew I could save nearly £5k by going online but I listened to what he had to say. He tried to sell me a higher spec, more expensive model than I needed on a rubbish finance deal. I mentioned online brokers to him and he was honest saying he wouldn't be able to match those and even said that his own brother went to one rather than buy a car through him using his staff deals and discounts!

hybrid713

Aug 18, 2015
This is great news, cheers for sharing all those positive experience. Had a chat with the dealer (based in Kent) today, so far so good. Guess the only thing I worry about is how much longer I have to wait! I am paying <18k

On a side note, you just have to wonder how so little people know about DTD. Curious to know how the dealership landscape will change as more and more of us are buying things from daily grocery to a car online!

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I bought my Leon from DTD. Dealer was JCB Ashford and they were excellent. Had no issues what so ever and I changed the spec several times.

KenTT

This is great news, cheers for sharing all those positive experience. Had a chat with the dealer (based in Kent) today, so far so good. Guess the only thing I worry about is how much longer I have to wait! I am paying <18k

On a side note, you just have to wonder how so little people know about DTD. Curious to know how the dealership landscape will change as more and more of us are buying things from daily grocery to a car online!

I guess if DTD cut into the dealers sales figures by an increasing amount then some dealerships will have to close because of their showroom overheads.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.