Recommended tyres?

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
I agree with the comments about the Goodyear Eagle F1s being good for grip and wear, but I find them really noisy.

I am a big fan of Toyo T1-Rs, although I have heard a lot of people say that they wear too quickly, it has never been a problem for me.

-UzY-

Jun 2, 2015
I run Uniroyal rainsports 3 on my stage 2 cupra best all round all weather tyre i have found

I have used dunlop sport maxx before and i found them great for the summer.. just seemed to wear quick and didnt grip too well in cold weather...

Also had some sersantas verdestine, i didnt like them seem to spin up too easy

I have to agree with the uni royals, recently changed tyres and they made a great difference

DM_Cupra

Oct 17, 2012
Dundee, Scotland
Just fitted Uniroyal Rainsports 3 and I highly recommend them. The price is also very reasonable.

I have Michelin Sports on the rear (which have a nicer looking sidewall) but the Uniroyal's are great in the wet.

Great for UK weather since its always raining, especially in Scotland! :)

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
I have ended up going with Michelin pilot super sports but haven't had much chance to test them properly as my cars busy getting wrapped

Good choice, the dry grip is unreal once run in. And tbh if they fail you in the wet it's because you're been silly

Last edited: