My mk2 Ibiza!

KagyTee

Sep 21, 2015
So earlier this year, I had to start looking for a new car as my corsa got hit in the back end and was declared a cat c write off, the car needed more money to get it back road worthy than it was worth (failed mot on seatbelt anchorages plus multiple small bits after fitting new boot from accident) so instead I chose to just scrap it and search for a new car, while looking, I came across a mk2 Ibiza, I'd never seen one in my life until that one, it was a 1.4 fresca, 98 R reg, had one previous owner and 86,000 miles, I instantly fell in love when I test drove it! I had to buy it! I ended up paying just £300 for the car, since I have had it, its had cambelt, poly v belt, clutch plate, full oil change, tinted windows, new wheels, head unit, parcel shelf speakers, gear knob change and foot well lights I'm currently stood at just over £550, which personally, I think is awesome! Just had it's MOT this year, had two advisories for slightly off colour indicator front near side and suspension arm bush just starting to deteriorate on front offside, the guy said other than them, the car itself is mint, which of course was great to hear! Plans from here are to do suspension (will be looking for advice on this once I get round to it), new exhaust (more than likely oval back box) also possible extra interior modifications, unable to post pics currently as I do not have 15 posts, will try get some up asap though :)

Last edited:

Copper Cupra

Dec 16, 2002
Exeter
Sounds a great buy and great fun modifying it to how you like it - much better than a Corsa too! ;)

Look forward to seeing some pics of this one. :)

KagyTee

Sep 21, 2015
Sounds a great buy and great fun modifying it to how you like it - much better than a Corsa too! ;)

Look forward to seeing some pics of this one. :)

Been really enjoying working on it up to now, I'm no mechanic by any means, most work has been done under guidance of friends that work with cars, but all ideas are mine, just got my xenon look bulbs today so fitted them, hopefully they suit the car! will have to wait to drive it at night lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise