what have you done to your car today ?

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Bought a used (70k ish) set of springs and dampers to replace my 150k parts - off eBay for £1.99 - Turns out it's another member. Thanks Andy3004 :D

Cleaned and waxed.

djWMDzN.jpg

5eoEpbq.jpg

Bony

May 15, 2015
Berkshire
Noticed that over 4 full tanks, 2 of Tesco Momentum and 2 of Shell V Power alternately my EML comes on shortly after filling with Tesco and goes out shortly after filling with Shell.

I need to replace a split PCV hose and probably check all the others so it's probably on the edge but it seems my car has a preference for the more expensive things in life! :D

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Noticed that over 4 full tanks, 2 of Tesco Momentum and 2 of Shell V Power alternately my EML comes on shortly after filling with Tesco and goes out shortly after filling with Shell.

I need to replace a split PCV hose and probably check all the others so it's probably on the edge but it seems my car has a preference for the more expensive things in life! :D

Lol, maybe she does, but it's probably the split PCV hose. That caused a "bank 1 too lean" code on mine. You don't want to let it run lean for too long, i'd replace it asap.

Bony

May 15, 2015
Berkshire
Lol, maybe she does, but it's probably the split PCV hose. That caused a "bank 1 too lean" code on mine. You don't want to let it run lean for too long, i'd replace it asap.

Yes, I've run VCDS and I think that's one of the codes that it threw up. The hose between crankcase breather and upper Y pipe fell apart when I checked it recently, held together with a few clips and insulation tape at the moment. Toying with the idea of catch can install and PCV delete or just replace the hoses....decisions, decisions.

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Noticed my lcr makes a crazy loud whirring noise when I hit the brakes hard... any ideas as to why? Sounds weird anyhow I was thinking warped disc maybe but I would be able to feel that in the wheel and pedal right?

Matty589

Feb 22, 2014
Took the dump valve apart as it was sticking open
35b234f91e0a86cd4b97d1cbc5f505b1.jpg

Was really hard to push the piston out, all cleaned and put back together

samblake92

Oct 4, 2014
plus.google.com
Replaced n75 valve and bypassed the n249 only took 10 mins to do gunna give it a little run tomorow to test on the way to work hopefully some inprovement ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Serviced it, MOT and Detailed it! Looking good now for 81k only things I need to do is the steering wheel refurb as per the guide on here, give the 008 a service and the air filter a clean. I'll stick up a couple of pics tomorrow if I remember.

Will_s87

Apr 22, 2015
staffy-cher
Replaced n75 valve and bypassed the n249 only took 10 mins to do gunna give it a little run tomorow to test on the way to work hopefully some inprovement ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I thought it had been confirmed that bypassing the N249 was not a good idea?

:confused:

Klaus71

Sep 22, 2015
Minehead
This aftenoon I changed the following:
Thermostat
Coolant
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Oil
Spark Plugs
Coil Packs
Rear view mirror
Passengers window switch
Wiper blades
Fitted gearbox shim to get rid of the whine

Had a good look around the remainder of the engine for signs of damage/wear. Luckily nothing to report.

Tomorrow its discs and pads on all four corners, fit the new Parott system I've bought and probably give it a clean and polish

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Bought and picked up an LCR rear bumper today courtesy of BouncerBeater! It's in immaculate condition with the guides and will enjoy it for a very early birthday present for myself and the car! ;-)

--Lee

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.