My name is Rocco.... and i'm a Volkswagen :)

Picked my new car up on Monday........ man its good having creature comforts again :)

So the scooby is now up for sale and i have my hands on this:

spec:

2.0 TSI (215ps)
6spd manual
19s (pretty much unmarked)
RCD510 6.5" touchscreen media system
Flat bottom multifunction steering wheel
Auto lights with DRL
Auto wipers
Full black vienna leather interior with electronic lumbar support.
Winter pack (heated seats, heated mirrors, heated washer jets, headlight washers)
Privacy glass

short term plans:

fit a 2nd parcel shelf string as one is missing - ORDERED
sill protectors as the sills are huuuge and already got a few scuffs :x - ORDERED
fitted mats as none came with it - ORDERED
cruise control (why spec £1800 optional leather and not £190 optional cruise control aswell !) - HOPEFULLY NEXT PAYDAY

long term plans:

cat back exhaust when stock decides to die
upgrade panel filter
wheel refurb with possible colour change to gunmetal
3M wrap rear diffuser gloss black to tie in with gloss black grill
possible remap when i decide i neeeeeed mooooore powaaaaaa

Feels good being back in a VW :D

Will post a couple more pics up in due course

All comments welcome

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
nice replacement for the subaru even though that was nice too.
before i bought the mk2 leon cupra i have now my options were a subaru a rocco and the mk2 cupra and it took ages too decide.
I still love the roccos but I ideally wanted a scirocco R and they were out of my price range and i only really wanted the subaru for the noise as they lacked any creature comforts.
I still bloody love sciroccos though they look so nice on the road.
I look forward to watching the progress you make with yours.

Haha yeah that doesnt make much sense!

You will do it sooner than when the stock one dies!

I give it a month tops!

Nice looking VAG you have there :)

haha........ i'm am trying to resist.

just enjoying the car now, and the fact that i'm achieving around 6-8mpg more on my commute to work when comparing to the scooby is a nice bonus, especially as i haven't changed my driving style :)

nice replacement for the subaru even though that was nice too.
before i bought the mk2 leon cupra i have now my options were a subaru a rocco and the mk2 cupra and it took ages too decide.
I still love the roccos but I ideally wanted a scirocco R and they were out of my price range and i only really wanted the subaru for the noise as they lacked any creature comforts.
I still bloody love sciroccos though they look so nice on the road.
I look forward to watching the progress you make with yours.

they do look awesome......... i love the premium look you get over the mk2 cupra which makes up for the lesser power. still love the mk2 cupra. the noise of the boxer engione was and still is awesome, but the subaru is a raw drivers car. no comforts, driving on the equivalent of concrete shocks, and expensive to fix if the break.

a rocco r would 've been amazing but again, would've had to have spent an extra 4k on what i have done so was well out my price range.

other news, well a couple of things arrived yesterday

Tailored mats straight from ebay:

New parcel shelf cord:

also a few shots of the interior for folks who are interested:

Dash:

Front:

Rears:

Obligotary drivers eye shot:

thanks for looking guys

The interior looks just as good as the outside too.

Cheers man

Well Locky was right, had the car just short of 4 weeks and I am getting the itch for more power already :rofl:

The shark performance handheld unit looks interesting and I like the fact I can remove the map too.

Power increase to around 250bhp with 280lbsft of torque

Think i'll do some research on this one

UPDATE

Upgraded all interior and exterior lighting to LED and fitted super white dipped / main beam lights.

Massive improvement over the yellow guff that was fitted before.

Decided against changing the footwell lighting at the moment as i like the red mood lighting that is currently present. May look into red LEDs to upgrade that through time, but need a specific type as the start off at 100% and then fade down to whatever you have decided to set them at through the onboard computer (think i have mine at 30%)

Just need some LED fog lights now

Last edited:
updates

Have covered 6.5k since getting her 6 months ago.................. and i still haven't remapped yet.
car is getting serviced and MOT'd in two weeks time. Apart from that i've been on the look out for some little bits n bobs to spruce her up, nothing major though. Might look into some carbon wrapping inside and wrapping the rear diffuser gloss black.

Considering whether to buy the APR intake and go stage 1 on the 98ron map...... alleged figures according to their website of 269bhp with 295lbsft of torque with a nice torque curve.

MOT and service carried out........... no issues apart from a bit of surface corrosion on the sump :thumbd:

used a wire brush to clean the sump up and gave it a coat of black hammerite to add a layer of protection. priced up a new up, can pick one up for around £50 so that has been added to the 'to do' list and will be done this time next year when servicing.

also looking to price up the bits for changing the chain tensioner which has a history of failing if its the early revision, so changing for piece of mind as my car is right on the cut off for when the engines had the early revision tensioner fitted.

KagyTee

Sep 21, 2015
priced up a new up, can pick one up for around £50 so that has been added to the 'to do' list and will be done this time next year when servicing.

I had to have my sump off around 2 months ago due to a botched job by a so called "mechanic" when doing my cambelt, he managed to put a dip in one edge of the sump, it was losing around 2 litres every 100 miles! sorted now though :p Nice car too btw, I like VW's!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.