Bucket seats - talk to me

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
So doubting my self again I'm looking at options.

Bucket seats - who's got them? Rate them? Hate them?

I don't want to get them and be pissed when they're uncomfortable in daily use.

I'm coming from a fr to a Cupra but unsure whether to spec the seats. Help me!?

I'm not worried about the financial side. I doubt it'll make a blind bit of difference when I come to sell it anyway.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
So doubting my self again I'm looking at options.

Bucket seats - who's got them? Rate them? Hate them?

I don't want to get them and be pissed when they're uncomfortable in daily use.

I'm coming from a fr to a Cupra but unsure whether to spec the seats. Help me!?

I'm not worried about the financial side. I doubt it'll make a blind bit of difference when I come to sell it anyway.

I have the normal seats with winter pack and leather. They are comfortable and okay support wise - the buckets are less comfortable but better support wise.

So choose which is more important. Comfort or support. But both are nice seats.

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
I didn't find the standard seat overly comfortable and the seat being off set annoyed my. The peddles and seat don't line up. So annoying

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
Yea I appreciate that. But in my manual Leon. My right leg is was seems to be uncomfortable even in a standard seat because of the bolster

Kurtje

Mar 22, 2015
Beringen, Belgium
I have the buckets and totally love them.
They are just as comfortable then the normal seats, but with a little bit more side support!

I would take them anytime again!

extra: THEY LOOK VERY AWESOME :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
m-daytonaevo.jpg

I thought this thread was about proper seats like these haha

AndyGrey

Jan 17, 2008
Blyth, Northumberland
I also have The Buckets Seats, They were my only must have option on my list when looking at the overall price. I love the Mix of materials and colours, yes even the white accents! Everyone that’s been in the car so far loves the seats. I obviously only have experiences with the standard seats from my test drives but I think the buckets are just as comfortable but with a little extra body hugging lateral support. Worth every penny, just a pity Seat doesn’t give a discount on the winter pack as they come heated as standard!

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
I'd only spec then if you are often on the B roads or do track days. Otherwise the standard Cupra spec seats do their job perfectly well with a surprisingly nice comfort, something I believe the bucket seats won't be as good at.

JamieLittwin

0-60 In Sparrows Cough
Mar 2, 2015
I'm looking for buckets in my Cupra 280 as the drivers side leather has already grazed... Does anyone have any reccommendations for a set up that will fit?

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
I would look for Recaro sportster seats. They are way better than all the bucket seats Seat did so far.
Had them in leather/dynamica in my 1p and they fitted perfectly.
Iff you're good at diy look at Ebay for a pair of lotus evora seats (these come really cheap and have superb leather on them).

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
When they talk to you, what do they say? :rofl:

Mine usually say " get off you fat fka"......however I find its the head rests that are the most worrying. They are always there.... behind you .... watching..... waiting ...... looking.... silent....malevolent....brooding.....planning ....plotting..... I can put up with the inane chatter from the seats as I'm usually too busy listening to the voices in my head but the head rests ...:scary:
I asked my psychiatrist about it, but all he said was " I'm your window cleaner" then asked me for a fiver..... :p:bleh:

dahuky

Sep 26, 2015
i set on the bukets, they dont give u much of support, in my opinion, they dont doest worth the money and comfort loss.

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
I think they look fab but here it is a £1000 extra, too much I think, it would be one thing if there was no chairs in front at all and you bought em for £1000... but the extra cost of producing the bucket ones ought to be £10...

jackbrown1980

Feb 19, 2015
I didn't find the standard seat overly comfortable and the seat being off set annoyed my. The peddles and seat don't line up. So annoying

stubbled upon this post, as I also find the driving position in the leon a bit awkward, and can never find the correct seat position.

I have thought about changing the seat, but it is probably the position of the pedals…what do you reckon about upgrading the pedals would that make a difference?

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
stubbled upon this post, as I also find the driving position in the leon a bit awkward, and can never find the correct seat position.

I have thought about changing the seat, but it is probably the position of the pedals…what do you reckon about upgrading the pedals would that make a difference?

I found that the Leon 2 LCR seats were the most comfortable production car seats that I ever sat in. (leather quilted version). Looking at a new Cupra 3 but bucket seat option did not feel right for me, must be the offset combined with seat base being too long for me (could do with seat-cushion angle adjustment and extendable thigh support - have bad knees now) + find standard seat backrest too narrow.

Didn`t find a problem with offset with my Leon 2 Stylance seats during 4 years use + no problem with Octavia VRS FL seats, over 4 years use. Also looking at Recaro option

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
I've just placed the order funny enough and I'm going for bucket seats. Soley because the white trim looks less well... ****.

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
I found that the Leon 2 LCR seats were the most comfortable production car seats that I ever sat in. (leather quilted version). Looking at a new Cupra 3 but bucket seat option did not feel right for me, must be the offset combined with seat base being too long for me (could do with seat-cushion angle adjustment and extendable thigh support - have bad knees now) + find standard seat backrest too narrow.

Didn`t find a problem with offset with my Leon 2 Stylance seats during 4 years use + no problem with Octavia VRS FL seats, over 4 years use. Also looking at Recaro option

I have sent an email to Seat UK to ask if seat offset was planned or if there is a manufacturing installation / design error.

Have to ask, as if correct Leon off short list.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise