Goldie's LCR 'S6AT R',Revo Stage 2, Forge,Weitec,Quaife LSD...

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
A better pic with the rear wiper removed,Think it makes the rear of the car look much smoother and what with me not using it through the winter months hopefully i wont miss the wiper to much

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Great to see you're keeping hold of it for now mate.

She deserves a good home. Rear wiper delete looks sweet :)

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers Tom,looks like she'll be with me for a while yet !
So today i made a start getting my wiring all connected up for the amp to check it worked ok (Starting to think i should have got a 4 channel one lol )
So i got it all connected up,the only issue being the live feed to the battery which i wanted to be less visible,will have to look into it when i have more time

Not too bad once the air filter's back on

Not to sure if running a separate live wire to each amp is the right way to do it (will have to look into that too) but it all works fine and i have to say sounds great !

So for now i just have it roughly laying in the boot till i come up with something to make it all look a bit better.

Also i need to find a new hose for the cold air feed as until i took the air filter off i didn't realise how untidy it was lol !

Last edited:

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Today i found some left over light smoke tinting film that i used on the headlights and as the flyeye tint was looking a bit tired on the rear lights i took that off and applied the tinting film instead.Not sure if it could do with being a bit darker but definitely think it smartens up the rear of the car as it's hard to tell that there's a film on the bits ive done

Half flyeye half tint

Both lights done,Also i re-did the carbon fibre wrap on the S as that was starting to look a bit tired too

Also an old photo without any tint on to show how much difference it's made

I'm now thinking about a false floor in the boot to hide the amps and then some kind of custom enclosure for the sub which won't look out of place in the boot (still just ideas at the moment ??)
Also i'm off to VW Action at Santapod next weekend so hopefully will be a good day out.

Last edited:

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers guys !
So me and a friend who owns a VW Corrado G60 spent the night before VW Action getting our cars ready

Unfortunately we ended up in the public car park due to not wanting to pay weekend prices for an afternoons show.
Really enjoyed it anyway as there was a real assortment of cars going down the strip.
Have now made plans to attend and enter the show & shine with a few runs down the strip for GTI Festival in a few weeks time so hopefully have some better updates and pics from that.

A couple of pics (Not the best) from the car park lol !

Last edited:

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
A few pics after a cleaning session today

Also one along side my brothers Ford Focus RS,Even though the cars are the same age i think the Leon looks a little dated next to it maybe it's just me ??

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers mate ! No not really just gonna keep it as it is,garage it over the winter then see how i am financially next year which will determine whether i keep it for another year or sell it on.

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
So today i went to GTI Festival at Santapod which is definitely my last show for this year as we are fast approaching the colder months !
The weather was great with clear blue skys,Was a cracking day with a really good turn out and some awesome cars on display and also on the strip,Really gonna have to get my car down there as i'm intrigued as to what times i could get.
I was parked in the Show & Shine area but unfortunately i had to leave early which was a shame as i think there was only a couple of SEAT's there so i was in with a shout of winning something,maybe next time ??
A few pics

Last edited:

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Haven't updated my thread for a while mainly due to not doing anything to the car lol
So over the weekend i got it booked in at a local place to get the rear windows tinted (20%) pretty happy with the results

Also made up some carbon centre caps for the wheels

Have also got some 10mm wheel spacers to fit on the fronts to match the rears when the weather decides to stop raining.Ive also been very close to buying a set of XXR 527 wheels but after a lot of thought i just couldn't part with my cash for them as i don't think they would look any better than the standard alloys.
So it's now looking highly lightly that i'm gonna get the front end re-painted as it's something ive wanted to get done for the last couple of years as the front end has so many stone chips.

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Looking good buddy! I want to get tints on mine but it's a low priority atm!

How do you find this with the wavetrac diff? I'm getting one soon...?

Will have to have a catch up sometime soon!

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Hate this thread!

Always thinking that I need to refurb my alloys and that when it does happen to just go a standard colour but after looking at the pics of this car, I'd have to go darker!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members