110TDI Thread

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Mailed the guys at REVO and they said their stage 1 map starts at 125bhp & 203lb/ft so shouldn't be concerned. Also said all these mappers quoting 145bhp are talking rubbish :lol:

I used to have a generic map from blacksmoke and that was a 137 bhp map and to be honest I'd say it was bang on the mark. I've since gotten into remapping and I'm now running in the region of 150 bhp on standard turbo and nozzles on a custom map I did for my ASV. A lot of it comes down to how healthy the car is. In my case I've done maintenance like turbo clean manifold clean, then ran diagnostic logs and steadily increased the boost and fuel over a few months along with injection timing I also have supporting mods like a full straight through, egr delete, ccv to atmospere. I'm running slightly lean now as is as I'm maxed out on the standard nozzles but going .216 or greater and I'll see 170 bhp. I know a guy with a 110 bhp AHF Toledo and his saw 150 bhp and 250 ft lbs of torque. I'd consider up to 140 bhp a mild map for these engines. I've tuned quite a lot of them and it really isn't hard to get 140 bhp out of them once they've been looked after. How long the clutch will last depends on the ramp rate of torque more so than a peak torque figure. I'm still on the standard clutch with 156k miles and it's been remapped for nearly a year. A huge lump of torque around 1900rpm when the turbo kicks in will destroy a clutch in no time, if it's mapped to gradually increase the torque you'll have no issues with the clutch wearing out. I recently did a remap for a bora with 200k miles on the standard clutch and he's had no issues with it.

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
dyno graph?

No dyno graph yet unfortunately, there's only a handful of places here in Ireland that have a rolling road. I can keep up with a standard pd170 vrs tdi octavia and an audi a7 3.0 tdi sportback so I think in the region of 150 hp and 330 Nm would be a fair estimate all things considered. Here's the dyno graph from a guy I know who ran 148 hp on his AHF 110 only mod being the straight through exhaust. I personally don't like the map on it, it's very harsh on the drivetrain. Remember power is just torque*angular velocity. Diesels in nature are very torquey and standard maps limit fuelling at high rpm in order for you to change gear and preserve economy so you will see more power b increasing high rpm fuelling. Most well known tuners are conservative with their maps simply because if you pushed components they will break and then everyone would think their maps are poor. http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/gavinjacob1994/media/DynoPrintout_zps7bed9a07.jpg.html

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
Yep. Went like a train until the turbo blew through :lol:

Got a GT1749VB & oil feed pipe on order from Darkside Developments ;)

Will update when it's back up and running. Interestingly, with the .216mm injectors the idle was perfect and only a little puff of smoke at full boot.

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Real time boost data recorded from the MAP sensor in my own car with a gt1749v plotted against the surge/choke line from Garretts compressor map for the turbo. I'm running peak boost pressure of 1.3 bar, max rpm. of 4200 rpm where the rev limiter is now set. Boost is set to tail off after 4000 to prevent choking and is still well off the choke region.

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
My exsaust has fallen off just after the first box from the engine. Can I legally get a decat or do I need a new cat??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.