Required parts for pad and disc change: Cupra TDi.

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
I'm aware the pins needed to replaced for new items when changing the pads. I have heard that some type of springs needed changing too? Is this so and if it is what springs are these?

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
Sorry pal, been seeing a lot of threads on here recently when I'm at work but couldn't reply. Finally logged on to make a few posts!

There's a useful thread on the FAQs regarding these callipers; HERE

If everything is removed with no issues, then if they're in decent condition, you can just re-use whatever you've taken off. However, for the price it's worthwhile replacing whatever you can, especially the pins so you have spares! The kit from the dealer is the stupidly expensive, even from SERE so it's worth getting them elsewhere as you've already done (or doing so).

I got mine from Circuit Supplies (mentioned on another thread) and the prices were (April 2014);

Anti-Rattle Clips x2 - £3.67 each.
Retaining Pins x4 - £1.74 each.
Pad Retainer (Tube) x4 - £11.82 each.
Bolts x4 - £2.32 each.

The latter 2 items (Retainers & Bolts) generally don't need replacing and are expensive for what they are, but now I have a spare set so can alternate when the pads are changed. It's usually the pins (4mm punch required) that are changed, but my clips had seen better days.

If anything's seized, it becomes a bit of a 'mare. Good luck!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.