It's the little things

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
few seconds.....

That's pretty pointless then, unless you're a learner driver. The one on the new transit has a proper old school handbrake, but when stopping on a uphill road the hill control puts it on and keeps it there until you need to drive off again.... makes much more sense for stop/start traffic uphill etc

Last edited:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Another trick is, keep foot on brake, raise clutch to biting point and then move right foot back to the accelerator and go. That's just as effective. Something I taught myself when I had crap cars lol

Hooblue

Apr 9, 2015
Not a lot that bugs me really so far.

Agree with the electric window button placement. I use a key fob thing to get into the work car park and every time I go to use it I end up lowering the rear windows first!

Handbrake position is annoying but I can live with it. My mother in law has a horrible Ford Eco Sport and the handbrake for that is not only on the wrong side but the seat belt mechanism is right next to it meaning you can't actually get your hand round the handbrake to pull it!

The position of the USB port in the glovebox is annoying (obviously solved on more recent models, mines a MY15).

Also the hole where the interior door handle is. I know there's a cubby hole in the door but then the handle which you use to close the door is just a hole. Surely it would be more helpful to have that with a bottom on it also so that you could store small things in it?

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
When you get in car, start engine, pull wiper leaver down, the wipers wipe at a stupid speed, for one time only, like wise intermittent wipe appears quicker than constant wipe.
With ignition off, steering wheel controls don't work.

Ahh yes, with you on this one. Although, I think it depends on how you depress the lever, I think hold it a split second too long and it goes into hyper drive, touch it very lightly and it seems to be okay.

Weird though, almost like it's be tensing up the whole time the ignition has been off! :blink:

Green Mamba

Feb 22, 2008
Warwickshire
+1 on the following.
Water running into the car when it's wet on the roof with the windows open.
Slow Nav.
AutoZoom not remembering the last setting and randomly zooming the map out.

No AUX in cable
No USB Charging port as standard any where convenient.
No washer level sensor.
The boot sometimes half-uncatching it self.

It's a more competent car, yes, it drives better yes, but my main gripe, it's no where near as much fun as my Mark 1 150 TDI was.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Ahh yes, with you on this one. Although, I think it depends on how you depress the lever, I think hold it a split second too long and it goes into hyper drive, touch it very lightly and it seems to be okay.

Weird though, almost like it's be tensing up the whole time the ignition has been off! :blink:

I thought the very fast wiper was anytime you held down the stalk !!

It was suposed to be a safety feature for if you went through a big puddle and the splash blocked the screen. The push down was more intuative in a panic than pushing the stalk up.

Last edited:

mastepa1

Sep 30, 2015
I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer where the handbrake is. I have long arms so I think if it was on the r/h side it would be too close.

In terms of things that grumble a little bit, there isn't a huge amount really, but having a higher res screen would have been nice (to match the res on the one between the dials) and ful LED tail lights too, they had a big opportunity to make them look awesome, but cut corners.

Can't really think of anything else to be honest.
I really like where the handbrake is too. Not many of us long arm guys about hey? Lpl

Sent from my GT-I9515 using Tapatalk

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
As standard the only LED indicators are in the mirrors. LED fronts are part of the tech pack upgrade.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Yes that's true. Am I also correct that the LED rear units are actually standard on FR and Cupra too? Perhaps that's why they skimped on the rears... Lots more of those to produce!

FamilyGuy

Apr 1, 2015
Yes that's true. Am I also correct that the LED rear units are actually standard on FR and Cupra too? Perhaps that's why they skimped on the rears... Lots more of those to produce!
My non-tech FR ST has LED tail-lights but not indicators.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

jskelton555

Feb 23, 2008
staffordshire
having owned it for 8 mths now:

having to open front passenger door to pull bonnet,
electric window switch to far forward, I hit rear window switch instead of front.
no being able to have mirror heaters and reverse dip at same time.
no gas strut on bonnet.
Automatic headlights stay on too long in daylight.
no charge point in back of car.
Very tall gearing in 2.0 fr tdi, my old mk1 fr tdi had better gear ratios.

still like the car! just niggles !

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
having owned it for 8 mths now:

having to open front passenger door to pull bonnet,
electric window switch to far forward, I hit rear window switch instead of front.
no being able to have mirror heaters and reverse dip at same time.
no gas strut on bonnet.
Automatic headlights stay on too long in daylight.
no charge point in back of car.
Very tall gearing in 2.0 fr tdi, my old mk1 fr tdi had better gear ratios.

still like the car! just niggles !

Your about right except the gearing is about the same as my mk1 FR was.
Has no one fitted the factory door leds into the rear door cards i wonder?

rossandjet

Jul 21, 2015
Littleborough
Hi,

I wanted mud flaps on my Leon fr 184 but (I am told by the dealer) because it has a body kit on, no mud flaps will fit:cry:

or, has anyone over come this problem???

As regards niggles, I get very Pxxxxd when I can't open the window even just a bit without being blown of my seat.[:@]

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Legal requirement now to stop idiots pulling the bonnet when the car is moving.

Are you being serious?

Also another one for the niggles list is that I seem to keep palming the steering wheel controls when doing manoeuvres.

I guess I just need to get used to the button placement compared to the old car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
You guy's are difficult to please; but the lighting controls and warnings, audible and visual are disgraceful and may not comply with regulations. This applies to LED lights without 'auto' setting.
The disappearing instruments when passing a row of trees is also very annoying.
p.s. Just checked the regs and a dipped beam 'tell tale' is not required. This car is the first I have owned (since 1968) with no visible or audible warning that the headlights are left on.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise