VW TDi Emissions software scandal

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Apparently a lot of leasing companies have stopped ordering VAG products. I am using WBAC (owned by British Car Auctions) as a guide only. Offers on my car have dropped £300 in 4 days, £2000 in just over 2 months. Can`t all be fiction. Looks like 2.0 ltr diesel will only require software revision.
Best hurry up and sell it then , otherwise you'll be paying them to take it away, and that Prius will have increased tenfold...... :D
Do you use mugs to drink wine from then? ;) :happy:

Doesn't everyone? :confused:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I wasn't sure if you northerners just used the bottle :whistle::D

I must go as I need to ask next door to get her washing in, I'll be starting the car up shortly :cartman:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I wasn't sure if you northerners just used the bottle :whistle::D

I must go as I need to ask next door to get her washing in, I'll be starting the car up shortly :cartman:

Bottle? I thought it came in a box...... :D
Before starting the Passat I normally wait till the kids are going in to the local school. Oh the looks of pleasure I get as I change their boring white shirts to polka dots, the look of joy on their sooty little faces..... :rofl:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I'll tell you what I can see happening, these 1500-2000 deposit contribution will be brought back to shift new cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

currie09

Mar 22, 2015
I'll tell you what I can see happening, these 1500-2000 deposit contribution will be brought back to shift new cars

Would pay my negative Equity so would be quite happy with that haha.

sandancer

May 20, 2014

Skoda and VW already offering it - £1000 on Octavia, £2000 on Superb, £2000 on Passat as well as low rate finance on PCP

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
They've gone up then - SEAT had dropped there's down to 1 k bet they add another 500 on try and entice people to deal

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
They all fail if you do a test under road conditions - that's not new news.

The real question is will the E189 VW engines fail the Euro5 test when retested after they have removed the "defeat" device when the vehicles are recalled. Personally I doubt it as it is quite an easy test compared to the US test. They may well still fail the US test, but that's not our problem in Europe.

We will have to wait until January to find out.

Any tests done otherwise are irrelevant to the current situation.

Last edited:

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
I spoke to a VW mechanic over the weekend, he thinks its more then a software repair because they would of started to recall the vehicle's.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I spoke to a VW mechanic over the weekend, he thinks its more then a software repair because they would of started to recall the vehicle's.

VW have already said that there is more than one fix.
Some cars will only need a software reflash
others will need mechanical changes and a software reflash.

andycupra

status subject to change
Seen somewhere couple of fords and Vauxhalls had failed as well

This is going to be industry wide, with some worse off than others, at least in terms of 'on road real life testing' giving poorer results than the lab generated results.
But, in the case of VAG this is a step further and goes beyond lab results not representing real life scenarios. With the others if you could somehow recreate the conditions of the lab tests 'on the road' you would probably get similar results, (its just that the lab tests dont represent the real world). However there would still be a sort of proportional link between labs and real world; but in the case of VAG they have put a deliberate device/code on the cars to run differently in a lab so any link, proportional or otherwise is lost.

VAG is in deep doo-doo, atleast in the US.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.