Rough noise on start up Mk2 Leon Cupra

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
As soon as I installed WMI and used it the idle stumble every so often went away. I put it down to dirty ports and inlet valves

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
Blimey the Op posted this in 2011 .....and he's not been on the site since 2013 !

But at least it helps everyone else on this site that has the same ENGINE .And yes, agree with other posts ,mine exactly the same ,but once warm it's a beast .
Really pleased with it ...touch wood ,5.5 months to go to warranty end ,but hardly any Oil used,idle perfect ,and no misfires :happy:

All to their own,but I never get it any beans until it's warmed up ..;)

Don't worry mate there is still plenty of time ;)

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
just changed the oil pickup pipe on mine today and cleaned the **** out the sump. Wasn't too bad to be honest, had a bit of crud in the gauze but nothing major. probably just the placebo affect but seems to sound quieter. I switched to 5w40 so the thicker oil will probably have made more of a difference. Ive had quite a few performance cars and non have sounded as noisey as the cupra. Had less rattles and noises on my 26 year old Cossie lol.

Last edited:

T0DDY

Mar 8, 2013
SCOTLAND
I have just changed my Oil to Castrol Edge 5/30 as it is supposed to be better quality than the VW stuff,have noticed the Tsi is definitely quieter no tick at all so far.

Have did the same does seam to be a lot quieter on start up!!!!:)

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
just changed the oil pickup pipe on mine today and cleaned the **** out the sump. Wasn't too bad to be honest, had a bit of crud in the gauze but nothing major. probably just the placebo affect but seems to sound quieter. I switched to 5w40 so the thicker oil will probably have made more of a difference. Ive had quite a few performance cars and non have sounded as noisey as the cupra. Had less rattles and noises on my 26 year old Cossie lol.

Was it a difficult job to do? Was thinking of doing this when I have my next oil change.

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Was it a difficult job to do? Was thinking of doing this when I have my next oil change.

nah pretty straight forward. You will need the pipe and seal, some loctite gasket sealer, and would recommend the gasket for the turbo return. Mine was ok, but if its splits, your fooked.

You need some long reach round ended allen keys as two of the sump bolts are recessed behind the gearbox bell housing ( i used one of these with a spanner on the end to loosen). Three bottom bolts removed from the bottom of the gearbox that bolt to the sump, and the lower turbo hardpipe near drivers front wheel. theres a single bolt holding the front turbo hardpipe to the sump that needs removing. thats pretty much it ;)

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Hey guys I've searched on our car starters.
Im not finding much of anything.
Ive noticed and even other people have been commenting on how my car starts.
I have a MK2 Petrol FR, and when I start my car there is like a strange clunk.
when I start the car with the clutch pressed the car starts up pretty much better without the clunk.
I Just had the clutch kit replaced along with a brand new DMF all from LUK.

Has anyone else here heard of a similar issue with their TFSI ? its driving me nuts lol.

Appreciate it.

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Hey guys I've searched on our car starters.
Im not finding much of anything.
Ive noticed and even other people have been commenting on how my car starts.
I have a MK2 Petrol FR, and when I start my car there is like a strange clunk.
when I start the car with the clutch pressed the car starts up pretty much better without the clunk.
I Just had the clutch kit replaced along with a brand new DMF all from LUK.

Has anyone else here heard of a similar issue with their TFSI ? its driving me nuts lol.

Appreciate it.

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Thread revival lol. My cupra does excactly the same. Lumpy rattly start up then smooth after like 2/3 seconds. Glad its normal been looking for this info ;)

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Thread revival lol. My cupra does excactly the same. Lumpy rattly start up then smooth after like 2/3 seconds. Glad its normal been looking for this info ;)

ahhh good to know..haha thanks for the reply...currently i have the car for sale...moving forward to a Audi..so yea....as soon as my car gets repaired and sold i would be able to make that dream come through.
Some retard decided it was wise to cross a intersection without paying attention. so now my car is wrecked...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.