Best Tyre?

pyrah

Aug 12, 2015
Dudley
Looking at some Uniroyal Rainsport 2's

But what do you think is best for everyday use and what price per tyre do you pay?

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
Uniroyal rainsport 3's are a brilliant all round tyre, i'v ran them on my cupra with no traction issues, i'v ran them on my stage 2 tuned e39 530d without any issues, I ran the rain sport 2's on my stage 2 Passat TDI and they where more biased to wet weather but still a very good tyre.

If money was no object, I wouldn't personally know as i'v not used them back to back but some of the Michelin offerings may be better but for price and in my opinion your hard set to find a better all round tyre, hankook v12 evo's are another good tyre, and at the lower end of the scale would be the kumho ecsta's good tyre but not as good as the others, i'v also just put a set of maxxis tyres on my Audi, can't remember the model of them but they haven't been bad neither with plenty of grip but the Quattro system makes most tyres feel good, I'd of not chose them normally but there had been a price misprint and I got a set of 5 for £130 in 255/45/19 guise so as you can imagine I snapped them up lol!

pyrah

Aug 12, 2015
Dudley
Uniroyal rainsport 3's are a brilliant all round tyre, i'v ran them on my cupra with no traction issues, i'v ran them on my stage 2 tuned e39 530d without any issues, I ran the rain sport 2's on my stage 2 Passat TDI and they where more biased to wet weather but still a very good tyre.

If money was no object, I wouldn't personally know as i'v not used them back to back but some of the Michelin offerings may be better but for price and in my opinion your hard set to find a better all round tyre, hankook v12 evo's are another good tyre, and at the lower end of the scale would be the kumho ecsta's good tyre but not as good as the others, i'v also just put a set of maxxis tyres on my Audi, can't remember the model of them but they haven't been bad neither with plenty of grip but the Quattro system makes most tyres feel good, I'd of not chose them normally but there had been a price misprint and I got a set of 5 for £130 in 255/45/19 guise so as you can imagine I snapped them up lol!

So the Rainsport 2's are good for british weather then :lol:

Is £51 a tyre a good price for Uniroyal?

Thanks

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/uniroyal/rainsport-2/225-45-r17-91w-331571

;)

Don't forget there dot rating is 2012, basically if your not already aware then they are 3 years old already, a tyres "recommended" life is about 5-6 years so if you plan on doing high miles then go for them, but tbh brand new tyres including RS3's are only £7 more each

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/uniroyal/rainsport-3/225-45-r17-94y-187753

Hankooks at a very good price, i'v used the v12's and they are a very grippy tyre just not sure as good wet grip as RS3's

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/hankook/ventus-v12-evo2-k120/225-45-zr17-94y-187980

Tyre leader is where I got my 5 tyres for the Audi for £150 :)

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Personally, for road use it's between the Goodyear eager f1 and the michelin pilot supersports and it's the supersports on the car right now. The overall balance is more to dry grip but they grip more then adequately in the wet, enough that you won't find them lacking and grip in the dry is brilliant.

I even done a trip to the nurburgring and a trackday at castle Combe and they still had plenty of tread left.

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Goodyear eagle f1 won't even try another tire since!! Bang on grip in wet and dry. Also had them on 6 month thought fronts were low still on 6-7mm I think when I checked... awesome tire and from blackcircles you can get them for roughly £85 per corner fitted... BANG ON!!!

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
+1 for the eagle F1's, they are a brilliant all round tyre and have rim protection.

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Oh and I drive with TCS switched off any time I'm liable to give it some and it doesn't spin up only in 1st and usually only in when it's damp. Brilliant tyres for the money pal!

Klaus71

Sep 22, 2015
Minehead
I've got one Goodyear F1 on the front offside corner and it's great. All the others have different budget brands though:(

I've used F1's on many cars and rate them highly. As a tyre to last a couple of years I'd say they were one of the best along with the Toyo T1s. I'm playing with the idea of getting some Toyo's R888R's for a bit of fun but I don't think they will last that long to be honest, especially with the Bridgwater road I run on daily. Harsh surface, twisty road - great for spirited driving but a bit of a tyre killer.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
My two cents recommends Federal 595RS-R, there a road legal track tyre, but then I'm running them on a second car basis on my Seat Leon 225 Cupra R (1M) which will do more miles on the track than on the road (1000 miles ish / year) but I couldn't be happier. They wipe the floor in the wet with road tyres i've used on other cars in the past and are 90% as good as double priced Toyo's R888 in the dry.

Used to run them on my classic Subaru Impreza STi and loved the extra grip. After 1500'ish miles mostly to / from track and round the track, the tyre still have 3/4 of their tread left. The only choice for decent spirited driving if your not loaded.

Paid £73 each delivered from mytyres.co.uk

I'd say they are good for 5000 / 6000 miles life on the road. As a comparison I used to go through a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's back in the day in 9 - 10,000 miles on one of my earlier Impreza's at £140 a corner.

On my everyday driver I run Yokohama C-Drive 2's on the rear and they have excellent grip. I have Eagle F1's on the front and they can't handle the power of my remapped Diesel A4, so will be replaced with C-drive's when worn.

Trev.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise